Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

9mm vs .40S&W Glock Strikers

Cy Soto

Yesterday afternoon I was cleaning a buddy's G19 and I noticed that the tip of the striker looked significantly longer than the one in my G34. I don't know if I should be thinking about replacing the striker on my G34 because it has worn out or if, for some weird reason, I have a .40S&W striker in there.

FYI> I probably have ~15,000 rounds thought the G34. I have only been using CCI primers and, so far, I have only had 2 primers which failed to fire (the last one was about 2,000 rounds ago).

According to the armorers manual, small frame gen3 strikers are the same. To hazard a guess I would say your friend is using an aftermarket striker. I am using a Jager. I was using another brand with holes drilled through it but it broke. If I can identify the brand I will send it back.

Glock uses 3 different firing pins. One for all 9mm, one for .40,.357Sig and .45 Gap and one for all large frame pistols.

I have heard this in the past but I have never been able to find out what the differences between them are.

Do they have different part numbers for each of these? If they do, where can I find a photo or a diagram that shows the different models?

Glock uses 3 different firing pins. One for all 9mm, one for .40,.357Sig and .45 Gap and one for all large frame pistols.

I have heard this in the past but I have never been able to find out what the differences between them are.

Do they have different part numbers for each of these? If they do, where can I find a photo or a diagram that shows the different models?

There is a difference in weight. I do not have time to remove them all and measure but I am pretty sure there is a slight difference in length as well especially on the .45 and 10mm.

9mm Glock item #SPOOO49.

.40 and .357 Glock item #SPO4270.

.45 and 10mm Glock item #SPO4557.

In your picture the firing pin on the right has one line around the end just past the spring cups. All 9mm should have one line, the .40/.357 should have two lines and the .45/10mm should have three lines.

Edited by JBP55

In your picture the firing pin on the right has one line around the end just past the spring cups. All 9mm should have one line, the .40/.357 should have two lines and the .45/10mm should have three lines.

Now I want to go pull my strikers and count lines! :D

This is good to know when buying used too!