Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

command changes

p7fl

Did a Search couldn't find this:

Been a CRO since 2001 and have tried to stay on top on changes in the rule book etc.

Last night I was corrected on 8.3.2 “shooter’s ready” to “are you ready”

And 8.3.7 “slide forward” was eliminated.

Can anyone direct me to a conversation on these changes, the when and why?

TIA

jon

Did a Search couldn't find this:

Been a CRO since 2001 and have tried to stay on top on changes in the rule book etc.

Last night I was corrected on 8.3.2 “shooter’s ready” to “are you ready”

And 8.3.7 “slide forward” was eliminated.

Can anyone direct me to a conversation on these changes, the when and why?

TIA

jon

Don't know about the conversation -- but the 2001 rules have those commands, so if you used the red book during your CRO class, maybe you just missed that? :D :D

Don't know about the conversation -- but the 2001 rules have those commands, so if you used the red book during your CRO class, maybe you just missed that? :D :D

We need a Pity Rule on Mikes.

:sick:

I don't think it ever said "shooter ready", though I can't be absolutely sure, and don't want to go searching for a 1987 rulebook (when I first took a NROI class). As far back as I can remember, it's been "are you ready".

Before the current "if clear, hammer down, holster", I thought it read "gun clear, hammer down, holster". In the latter, the RO was making a declaration that the gun was, in fact, clear and slick-s@#$ range lawyers were making the case that if at that point there was an AD, it was not a DQ as the RO had declared the gun to be clear. The current text puts the onus on the competitor to ensure the gun is, in fact, clear. Yes, the RO and the competitor both still verify it, but the wording makes it ultimately the competitor's responsibility.

Edited by wgnoyes

We need a Pity Rule on Mikes.

:sick:

I've been doing the RO thing for a decade, and still learn something new every year -- so I'm right there with you.... :devil:

• 2 weeks later...

Perhaps you are getting confused with the IDPA range command which do include "Shooter Ready" and "Slide Forward". They also declare "Range is Safe" after the ULSC sequence.

When somebody tells me "Slide Forward" I have been known to slide my feet a few feet forward then look at the RO with a big grin...

I've never seen "shooter ready" as a range command in the rule book, for a long time in some areas it was a generally used term by a lot of RO's, I'm pretty sure you'll even see it used on the old Lenny magill videos of the US Nationals but I don't recall it ever actually being in the rule book.