Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Dillon lock rings :(

I'm using the 'goldish' colored ones that came with the machine (machine is pretty new).

They're pretty chewed up already. Changing OAL is really painful, wonderful dies and wonderful engineering that they can be taken apart so easily for cleaning.....but adjustment wise...I've found them woefull.

Yeah, those Dillon rings are pretty chincy in my opinion and so is the wrench. I put the wrench on edge on the cement floor and pound it a little to make it more snug helps alot. Get a seating die that you can adjust without loosening the whole die.

Happier today. Last two stations now have Lyman split lock rings on them (yeehah!!! no more spanner!!!) didn't realize until someone wrote that they really tighten up (after being done up finger tight) when you use the allen key to nip them up. They really lock down!

When i initially adjust my 650 dies I use a 1" Craftsman open end wrench. I pull the toolhead pins and turn the toolhead around to loosen a couple of them. The toolhead will slide back into the main body about 1" which is plenty to loosen and tighten the lock rings.

Pat