Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Drop in AR triggers

ipscjoe

Hello.....I own a Colt HBAR that was one of the "pre-ban" ones they made a few years back without the bayonet lug and the welded (I think) block that wouldn't allow you to modify the gun to make it full auto..

I would like to buy one of the aftermarket drop in trigger units like the CMC , Timney etc....but don't know if it is compatible with the block..

any info would be appreciated..

thanks, Joe

The sear block has nothing to do with the trigger or function. Get what you want. However I am not a fan of the drop in triggers. Seen issues with doubling with some of the ones you mentioned.

Get a Geisselle SSA or a JP trigger (and have them install it). Just my opinion.

Pat

The AR Gold won't work in any Colt lower UNLESS you mill it out. Even the modern non-sear block Colts have a web of aluminum that will not allow you to install an AR Gold.

I don't know if any other modular triggers are this way.

I believe the sear block is removable, however the Colts from early 90s and up (until recently, I have a new LE6920 that has small pins) usually have larger diameter trigger and hammer pins. Some trigger manufacturers make triggers and hammers for the large pins, check with Brownells to see what is available for a Blue Label Colt.

Hurley

• 2 weeks later...