Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Can Max win 'em all?

hoser

I'll bet on Max the wild card is going to be what the other top guys are shooting. You throw TJ, TGO, Tilley etc into the mix and the points get shaken up quite a bit, leave them out and it is a straight up dogfight. Big thing is going to be the guy that comes in and burns down a stage and takes away points. Max and Chris have been blowing away the Area percentages by 5-10% so it will be real interesting to watch.

Even though IPSC is not an Olympic event and what Olympic shooting sports that are recognized by the IOC and not showcased or mentioned on national TV, (Liberal Media) I am approaching the USPSA nationals as a world event. Everyone in the world has had plenty of time to enter this event and all the worlds best shooters will be there. The Ecquador world championship will pale in comparision to what will happen in the USA at Berry Ill..

In a way, yes. He doesn't seem to have a spped gear or an accuracy gear, as he doesn't need one. He has trained himself to shoot fast points, and has therefore "solved" the game.

Eric's advantage is that it's "like him" to win this match and Max will be "this year's american" challenger of note.

SA

He has trained himself to shoot fast points, and has therefore "solved" the game.

ahhhh....fast points... I think that is a bit different from a "points-first style"?

Great mechanics (any way you cut it).

As you mentioned, Eric's mental game is awesome (so is TJ's, but he hasn't shot Open all year...nor has TGO or theBurner).

Max seems to have picked up a notch or two on his mental game this year. Seems real solid.

...This is a level of shooting that reminiscences of the THRILLA IN MINILA of long ago boxing days when boxing was cool. ...

Not nitpicking but in case somebody got curious, it's MANILA.;)

I sure hope somebody has already thought of an after-match production DVD for this. :)

One would hope Saul's bringing a production crew... and not the kind that shoots... well, the kind that shoots, but not guns... well, they can shoot guns, but not during the Nats... erm, they can shoot during the Nats as long as they get their footage.

Hey, I know what I mean... or do I.... :blink:

Well, I can't pull for either Max or Eric since I am on the Nationals staff. I guess all I can say is that I have seen them both shoot stages, and I can NOT wait to see them shoot against each other in this years Nationals!! :D

This is going to be completely awesome! May the best shooter win... ;)