Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

I take it you are new to riding.  It is a blast.  Enjoy.  And always watch out for that sleeping driver turning left in front of you.... :unsure:

Thanks Akidale. I'm going to try to treat riding like shooting. Safety first.

If you wanna get hooked ...

I already am. :) The little Kawasaki 250R is going to have to do it for me for awhile. All my money is being sucked up by my shooting addiction right now.

Crank the throttle, release the clutch, pick up your foot as you hold on for dear life.

GAWD! Motorcycles are cool. B)

SR,

Enjoy but be carefull, a friend of mine.....but still enjoy! Motorcycles are cool, Porsches are cool too (I know) but there's always danger...trust your reactions never trust any other roaduser.

Alvin,

Just like in shooting, take every rider training course that you can. 92% of all motorcycle fatalities have NO professional rider training. The 8% that took training probably slept through the class!

Nolan

Alvin,

Just like in shooting, take every rider training course that you can. 92% of all motorcycle fatalities have NO professional rider training. The 8% that took training probably slept through the class!

Nolan

Already scheduled for September 16th! :D

I second the training recommendation. I took a street/racing course before I got my bike. That training has saved me several times.

Kieth Code's books are excellent. He's like the BE of motorcycle racing! :D His writing is very thoughtful and deep. Do yourself a favor and read them. :D:P:D

Kaw 250R? As in Ninja two-fitty? 14,000 revs of fun. Some of the most fun I had was on my thumper (all torque, no revs) dicing with Ninjettes. Curiously, a 600 single dual sport and a 250 twin sport bike both top out a little over 100 mph and get there at much the same rate.