Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Can you stop yourself during a stage for an REF

theycallmeingot

Happened to me at IL sectional. A drop turner didnt activate, I kept going and finished the stage. RO couldnt see the turner activate, and almost didnt give me a reshoot. I'll keep finishing stages even after REF's for sure.

same exact match and situation as me. i ULSC, and said "drop turner didn't get reset." the time was written down, and scoring of targets was about to commence, until the 3rd RO walked up and said "it did NOT activate".

i got the feeling i was close to not getting a reshoot. i'm glad he was paying attention. Which would have pissed me off, since I had spent what felt like an eon watching the thing, waiting for it, before finishing the stage.

Happened to me at IL sectional. A drop turner didnt activate, I kept going and finished the stage. RO couldnt see the turner activate, and almost didnt give me a reshoot. I'll keep finishing stages even after REF's for sure.

same exact match and situation as me. i ULSC, and said "drop turner didn't get reset." the time was written down, and scoring of targets was about to commence, until the 3rd RO walked up and said "it did NOT activate".

i got the feeling i was close to not getting a reshoot. i'm glad he was paying attention. Which would have pissed me off, since I had spent what felt like an eon watching the thing, waiting for it, before finishing the stage.

Yep. Exact situation.

I can remember watching more than one competitor hit an activator popper on a stage at the 2002 Area 8 Factory Gun, and then stand and wait for a swinger to activate, before asking the RO for a reshoot. They'd apparently missed the part of the WSB that mentioned that the poppers activated swingers in a different location, than the one from which the poppers could be engaged -- i.e. a cross-activating set-up....

IIRC, one or two stopped themselves, and were not too happy with the result....

Several times I have brought a REF to my RO's attention while I'm shooting a stage. All but once he said "STOP" and I was issued a reshoot. The other was a plate rack. 6 shots, 5 hits, 6 plates down, no reshoot.

Since we are sharing stories, this is true and I am not bragging, and also it is obvious that it was a REF. Everyone before me had shoot the plate rack left to right. I shot it right to left. First shoot, 1 plate, second shot 5 plates went down. The crowd was hushed and then started to laugh. Well, on the reshoot, first plate all six went down. It was a two string plate rack stage with a left and right plate rack and transition in between the two plate racks. The stage was then thrown out as it was not possible to shoot it right to left without REF.

Fun while it lasted.