Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Front Sight Magazine

I agree nix the European Articles. Most common members do not compete in that realm. If you have to have them once a year might be acceptable. One article on Juniors is ok. As for the amount of stuff on SCSA well that could be nixed as well. I know USPSA purchased this but they are a seperate entity and have seperate dues amd memebrship. Therefore their own mag for thier members as well. Again one article a year may be acceptable. I like the thought of something from each of the individual Areas, Match coverage is good (By the way that was a good looking RO on this editions cover, OK OK Shameless plug) GM tips, discussions of stage breakdown and not just for the HiCap guys. Remember the Production and Single Stack guys as well. Equipment reviews with the pros and cons of the product. Ok I guess I am finished for now. Just my 2 cents worth.

Mark

Gun Games used to have a "Head to Toe" column, where a top GM would review what they personally use.

Of course, this was mostly before big sponsorhip deals. If done now, dunno if it would just be a sponsored shooter talking about his/her sponsor's products...

Articles concerning local matches or innovative props should be easy to pull together, it just requires someone to take the time to write it up, take a few photographs and mail them in to Front Sight Magazine. We seem to have some good ideas on how to improve the content but there seems to be a lack of volunteers to make it all happen.

There may be some hesitancy due to concerns about the quality of writing, my first attempts at match reports were pretty poor (some might say they are still are) but its like shooting, the more you do it, the better you get, at least that's the theory.

More volunteers means more variety with the articles which makes for a more interesting read for the membership.

Providing links to match videos is a good idea, though by the time Front Sight comes out the match may be several weeks in the past; I see Front Sight as providing more in-depth coverage of matches with perhaps more information on the competitors themselves, the story behind the story if that makes sense.

We can utilize the internet for more dynamic 'in the moment' coverage as that mechanism already exists.

Articles concerning local matches or innovative props should be easy to pull together, it just requires someone to take the time to write it up, take a few photographs and mail them in to Front Sight Magazine. We seem to have some good ideas on how to improve the content but there seems to be a lack of volunteers to make it all happen.

There may be some hesitancy due to concerns about the quality of writing, my first attempts at match reports were pretty poor (some might say they are still are) but its like shooting, the more you do it, the better you get, at least that's the theory.

More volunteers means more variety with the articles which makes for a more interesting read for the membership.

Providing links to match videos is a good idea, though by the time Front Sight comes out the match may be several weeks in the past; I see Front Sight as providing more in-depth coverage of matches with perhaps more information on the competitors themselves, the story behind the story if that makes sense.

We can utilize the internet for more dynamic 'in the moment' coverage as that mechanism already exists.

It takes time.

Of course, this was mostly before big sponsorhip deals. If done now, dunno if it would just be a sponsored shooter talking about his/her sponsor's products...

It would be fun to have guys review each others guns.

I'm uncomfortable with this behavior.