Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Mag Tube Extension Install and Removal

bulldog009

Hey guys, I'm sorry if this has already been talked about, but I can't find any one who answers this question anywhere online. I am gearing up for my first 3-gun match, and I'm looking at getting a mag tube extension for my shotgun. My problem however, is I only have one shotgun which I hunt with, and since I'm in college I can't just go and buy a dedicated 3-gun shotgun. I have a Stoeger M3000, which requires the removal of tube tabs in order for the new follower to pass through. My question is, after installation, can the mag tube be removed and put back into a factory setting with a two round plug for duck hunting? If I can't do this, then I won't be buying an extension because I hunt much more than I will be shooting 3-gun. Thanks!!

+1 to above. I used to use a wooden dowel rod in my shotgun for hunting season (until I bought a 3 gun shotgun). Many fish and game checked, but it always passed.

Ok thanks for that conformation. I had the same thought about Game Wardens. I'm in Louisiana, so duck hunting is king around here and everyone takes it extremely seriously.

• 3 months later...