Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Para pistols

bigblue677

I am looking for a P14 or P16 limited to buy for shooting limited class but it's like there aren't any to be found. I've talked to two of local dealers and they have talked to all of there distributors and we just can't find a new one anywhere. :wacko: Anybody have any advice to where they might be hiding them all? :cheers:

A friend of mine ordered one a little over a year ago. He went through the same thing. It took about 12 weeks for him to get it. I don't know if they are backed up or just don't put the double stack guns on the production schedule that often.

My local shop has one that was set up for USPSA Limited. P1640, four STI mags with Dawson tool less basepads. Dlask ultralight trigger, STI hammer. Oversize mag button, grip tape on front strap, Dawson non-ICE magwell. Dawson fiber front and Bomar-style rear. No idea on the internals. They have $885 on it; I might try to trade them out of it tomorrow. If not I'll tell ya who to call if you're interested!

post-8629-13450784127_thumb.jpg

post-8629-134507843401_thumb.jpg

post-8629-134507844995_thumb.jpg

post-8629-134507838596_thumb.jpg

Edited by Anopsis

Yeah, I saw you said new but I figured this might be too good of an opportunity!

I'm looking at it as a backup to my P1640 Limited gun, but if I can't trade with 'em on it in the morning then it'll be fair game. Technically it's fair game now, but they're closed. ;)

If I can't deal with them, I may try to just swap them out of the mags for my 4 Para mags with red Dawson tool-less basepads. Nothing wrong with my mags at all, but I like the slimmer STIs and I like blue better than red! roflol.gif

Edited by Anopsis

Anopsis just let me know what you decide to do. I have a kimber am going to try to trade for whatever I find. I you aren't able to trade with them and I can get, I would be glade to trade the mags with you. Where is your dealer located?

Bigblue. It looks like that is a Canada built gun <snip>

This much I can guarantee, since Para switched to angled cocking serrations sometime in the early 2000s. I remember in 2004 they were angled. They haven't been purely vertical like this for a while now. This is from the good ol' days.

Anopsis just let me know what you decide to do. I have a kimber am going to try to trade for whatever I find. I you aren't able to trade with them and I can get, I would be glade to trade the mags with you. Where is your dealer located?

Bowling Green, KY. They do a lot of gb.com sales and ship a lot so it shouldn't be too difficult.

Edited by Anopsis

Budsgunshop.com has a couple of p14's instock. I didnt see any p16's there though. If your going to use it for limited division the p16 would be a much better way to go because of the extra capacity

Well I talked to Para directly today and got some answers. The limited series pistols have been out of production for over 4 months now and isn't expected to be produced again until September or October and probably won't be seen in stores until 2013. Apparently they are doing some magazine reconfiguations and that's why they were taken off the production line. So there it is. :eatdrink:

Well I talked to Para directly today and got some answers. The limited series pistols have been out of production for over 4 months now and isn't expected to be produced again until September or October and probably won't be seen in stores until 2013. Apparently they are doing some magazine reconfiguations and that's why they were taken off the production line. So there it is. :eatdrink:

Thats good there fixing there crapy magazines. I got a P16 just after they stopped production and the only thing i dont like about the gun is the mags, so i run STI mags. Great gun though has yet to fail me after putting a couple thousand rounds through it.

I was in my LGS today and spied a new Para that isn't on their site. It was a 16-40 limited top end with a tac rail high cap lower. The whole gun looked like it was ion bonded like my 40ss gun. The shop had $950.00 on it.

• 4 weeks later...

At the NRA show in St Louis in April, I asked the rep where all the Paras were. Their display only had a handful

of pistols on it. He said they only are showing the ones they are currently building. I questioned what he meant and he said they are doing different pistols at different production times. So not all models are being made at all times. The are only displaying the models they are building at that time.

Personally I thought it was a dumb answer. I don't know if that was the case or he was just a dufus. Either way, I can't see it being a good thing for Para to market things that way.

Craig