Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ 75 SP01 Shadow Gear Help

Paragram

Hello,

I need some advice on a few pieces of gear to compete in local USPSA matches. I have a CZ 75 SP01 Shadow Custom T. I have finally saved some $ for a competition belt, holster, and magazine pouches. I have read many posts about each piece of gear, but have a few questions:

Belt: Pretty sure I will get the Double-Alpha Competition Belt. This belt has overlap, so order your correct waist size?

Holster: I have read that the BT DOH is a great holster for what I need. Is this the model I should get? (from CZ Custom Shop) - "Blade Tech DOH CZ 75 SP01 Right Hand Loop". Will this belt/holster combo be legal for USPSA, within the 2" rule I think?

Magazine Pouches: I am very confused here as I have read several different recommendations, and because I am a relatively new hand-gun shooter! First, how many do I need, 2, 3, or 4? Second, I am assuming that since I am a right-handed shooter I should get all left-side pouches if there is an option? Any suggestions on what brand/type to get?

Thank you!

Edited by Paragram

DAA belt in your waist size or a size larger will leave you with enough overlap. Order too small and the overlap is minimal

BT DOH should be good to go regarding 2" rule and the "Heel of the butt of the handgun no lower than the top of the belt" rule

CR Speed for mag pouches.

They are ambidextrous. Save all the spacers in case you want to shoot a different gun which takes different sized mags.

4 is good to start with. More if you miss a ton. I have six :unsure: . I'd have more but real estate is limited and I can only reach to the middle of my back.

I shoot a SP-01 Shadow also. I run 5 Ghost360 pouches on a CRSpeed belt with a BladeTech DOH holster. 6 mags though, one in a back pocket, it's my make ready mag.

My dad has some of the Racer pouches, not the spendy RaceMaster aluminum ones, I tried my CZ mags in them and they felt very nice. I am quite partial to my ghost pouches though. Hard to beat the price too.

I have a double alpha belt and I use an SP-01 Tactical until my shadow arrives. I can say, from experience, that you should get a size or two bigger than your waist size. I am a size 32, so I ordered a 32. On the last stage on Wednesday my belt, which was too small, fell off, and so did my mag pouches. Learn from me so you don't do the same. The overlap was about an inch. Not enough. It was... humbling to say the least. Not that I need any more humbling other than my mediocre performance.

I went 2 pants sizes up for the CR Speed Belt and there's a decent overlap to ensure velcro grip. I *think* US pants sizes are not the actual inch measurements (so like US size 32 jeans is actually 34" in circumference) while the belts are accurate to an inch.

I have not shot IDPA, only IPSC/USPSA, but I believe I was told a few months back that for IDPA you have to remove the DOH and mount the holster on the belt without any drop offset. So I would look it up in regulations.

• 1 month later...

I went 2 pants sizes up for the CR Speed Belt and there's a decent overlap to ensure velcro grip. I *think* US pants sizes are not the actual inch measurements (so like US size 32 jeans is actually 34" in circumference) while the belts are accurate to an inch.

+1 for my belt order.

• 1 year later...

My CR Speed mag pouches, which worked great for my Sig magazines, seem to be pretty loose on my CZ75 magazines. I have tried to tighten them up, but they don't seem to be willing to tighten up enough. Has anyone had to shim them somehow?

My CR Speed mag pouches, which worked great for my Sig magazines, seem to be pretty loose on my CZ75 magazines. I have tried to tighten them up, but they don't seem to be willing to tighten up enough. Has anyone had to shim them somehow?

I had to run a thin piece of plastic behind the inserts in the pouches for the stock CZ mags. The plastic I used was from clear packaging material.

You should measure your waist.

bingo! forget your pant size. measure you actual waist (with pants on but no belt) and then order that measurement. that will get you the correct size and correct overlap.

personally I prefer the CR speed delxue belt over both the DAA belt and the regular (hi-torque) CR speed belt. Yes I have all 3!

this one (comes in other colours too). CRSPBLTDXS.jpg

it's the perfect balance between rigidity in the direction you want it, but supple enough to actually bend in close to your waist and not want to self straighten out (which the DAA one does a bit).