Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

S&W 625

basman

Hi all, I have on loan a 625 4" from another forum member (don't worry Carlos, your baby is safe with me) and I would like to try shooting some matches in revolver class. I understand that it is all about reloads and stage planning and I can work on that.

What I need is some gear! if anyone has some moon clips holders, moonclips, and a holster that are gathering dust and wout like to part with themto help out this newbie, please drop me a PM or e-mail or respond here with what you have and how much you want.

I would like to try revolver to see if I will continue with out spending a ton of money.

Thanks!

:D:D:D

Basman

To get started you can use a cartridge holder that goes on the butt stock of a rifle. Just put it on your belt and stick one of the bullets into one of the shell holders. There was a place to buy moon clips but I can't find the link now. If I find it I will post. Here is a place to also get holders. With the 4 " barrel you could go IDPA also and these are approved for that. Moon clip holders

Good Luck....John DVC

• 2 weeks later...

Basman,

I'm "sorta" going through the same thing. I shoot all semi's but just bought a brand new 645... mostly for IDPA and as a field pistol while small game and rifle hunting. (we have bears, badgers, and other assorted four leggers in my area that would not be impressed by a .22 rifle)

I've found Brownells has a good selection of moonclips, carriers, demooners etc. (especially if you qualify for their "dealer" pricing)

Based on lots of advice settled on a holster from Sidearmor.... They seem to be the dominate brand used by experienced revolver shooters in my home state.

As was mentioned earlier---Dillons Blue Press also has a bunch of quality revolver accessories too but they are more expensive that Brownells.

Good Luck

Go with DILLON, a bit pricey but you get what you paid for. The KRAMER holster is well made and you can hand it down to your grandchildren. Their moon clips are actually flat and will survive speed loads and being dropped on the ground.

Like the post (above) I started with one of those nylon "slide on the belt" cartridge carriers and liked it so well I've never seen any reason to change. And, for IPSC matches you can carry enough ammunition to get you though those high round-count stages. DILLON also has the metal ones if that's what you want.

My 4" 625 has the full underlug so I had to go direct to KRAMER for my holster. But, it is IDPA legal and even works for concealed carry (bad idea...the N frame is too bulky and waaay too heavy to carry around all day!).

Go for it! After a match or two you'll wonder why you ever bothered with those "bottom feeder" guns.