Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

STI recoil master

armydoc

By all accounts, a full length standard guide rod feels better to alot of people. I have shot a couple of matches with my HP Edge using the Recoil Master, and it was good, but next time I got to the range, I am going to try a standard rod with a few different springs. The cost is not that prohibitive to try. All I bought was an EGW guide rod and a few different springs, the reverse plug that came with the recoil master fits nicely.

I replaced my recoil master with full length guide rod for more options to select different springs. Sooner or later you're going to replace the spring. It's a lot cheaper to replace a simple spring than recoil master assembly.

I just changed mine out with a sv guide rod and reverse plug, with a 12.5 spring ang shot a stage thursday night and I loved the way my fallow up shot felt and the sight was way better to track as well. But going to keep the recoil master for a spare if I need it. Hope this helps

I'm sure it's a personal and subjective thing, but I really like the way my STI Tactical 5.0 shoots with the Recoilmaster. Very easy to track the front sight and very soft shooting with a 124 gr. JHP at a 137 PF.

I have a recoilmaster in my open gun and i dont want annything else annymore recoil feels mutch softer ( for me) than a normal recoil system .

When i have my standard class topend (sti edge 9x19)on it it also feels mutch better than a normal system but i know this is personal some guys like it some dont .

If you wanted to, you could combine the attributes of the available options, For my .45 Para-Ord.

Comminolli Framesaver tungsten guide rod, Officer's ACP spring cut in half for the main buffer, steel ring spacer, then a Commander recoil spring.

So I have a recoil system that is muzzle heavy, with a heavy buffer spring, that I can tune to different loads by changing the main (Commander)recoil spring. The spacer provides the break point where the buffer spring comes in to play. At the last 3/4" of travel the buffer spring starts to compress, acting like the recoilmaster. I use reduced variable power Wolff Commander springs that can be had in spring weights from 7 to 21 pounds, so it's very tunable for various loads. I've never had to go higher than 14lbs. with 185PF loads back in the late 90's.

post-25308-0-57687400-1345453219_thumb.j

post-25308-0-04078900-1345453231_thumb.j

post-25308-0-32346100-1345453250_thumb.j