Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Finished my 9mm Pro open

RWF

IMG_7131.jpg

IMG_7132.jpg

IMG_7134.jpgsomewhere in here is when i started it but now it is finished and running now just need to figure out the load. i do not reload but have sponsor that will load it.

i shot factoru 110 nope to snappy, 124 was nice and so was the 147. tryed my 130PF 147 that are used i my limited gun also in the picture but i makes the comp useless,

Dan B did trigger and travel, 11# capture recoil system and comp from B & B. slide work my Tim Calhoun gunsmithing.

Looks good. Did you use the Carver cut barrel or is that a standard threaded barrel?

If you're looking for a major load try a 124 gr bullet over 7.8 grs of HS-6 with a standard small rifle primer. This is a little under what makes major in the 9L Open gun I have here that belongs to Olhasso but you can work up to major. He shot the Nationals with this one and says it run flawless. He also likes Auto Comp powder better than the HS-6 but I don't remember the load, I think he said it tracks better with the Auto Comp. 9 major loads are very high pressure and you'll need the small rifle primer to withstand the pressure. Don't use small rifle primers with regular loads.

Edited by kend

Looks good. Did you use the Carver cut barrel or is that a standard threaded barrel?

If you're looking for a major load try a 124 gr bullet over 7.8 grs of HS-6 with a standard small rifle primer. This is a little under what makes major in the 9L Open gun I have here that belongs to Olhasso but you can work up to major. He shot the Nationals with this one and says it run flawless. He also likes Auto Comp powder better than the HS-6 but I don't remember the load, I think he said it tracks better with the Auto Comp. 9 major loads are very high pressure and you'll need the small rifle primer to withstand the pressure. Don't use small rifle primers with regular loads.

I'll differ on the Small Rifle Primers, I've shot about 60K round of 9 major thru my guns, I use Small Pistol Magnum primers mostly WIN MagTech. IMHO the best powders with 124/5gr Jacketed in 9 major are Silhouette (7.7gr), HS6 (8.2gr), and AutoComp (7.0). The gr's are what I run with an OAL of 1.165 with a MTG CMJ bullet. These all make 170+ pf. Only use once fired brass and only use it once, check all brass with a magnet, throw out the imposters. Small rifle primers work well just take care not to get MagTech small rifle (they have a D on them) they are very hard your rig might not set them off.

If you are running a shorter OAL back off.

For minor loads that will give the comp a little gas to work with try 5.2gr of AutoComp with 124gr or 5.6gr of AutoComp w/115gr. 4.8gr of IMR7625 with a 124gr works pretty good as well.

POI will change significantly between minor and major loads, several inches.

Thanks all! and will print off the reload info. Kend most parts from you on both guns! SSS! just wish you still made the older brass one that is on my limited gun.

no one had the KKM in stock Carver had some on order but were still many weeks out so i order straight from KKM the 9 Pro barrel with the Carver threads, right at 2 weeks from order to my hand.

the slide just has a quickie finish so i can learn how to use it (a open gun) before the pro/am. today i am going to try the 13# spring just to see.

i was hoping the factory 115 would be better i have a 1500 i do not ever use.

between the shotgun and the pistol and still find a good load may just have to use the rifle as is. all of this has cost more and taken longer than planned plus just like anyone else life gets in the way. :)

as a side note Mr. Carver has stopped giving best quess on his mag well about 2 months ago, he says he can not keep up with orders he has so he can not stop to finish his new stuff, but WILL take the time at night to return a call.

My Hat is off to you.

Edited by RWF

I'll differ on the Small Rifle Primers..... I use Small Pistol Magnum primers mostly WIN MagTech.

My source at Federal stated Small Pistol Magnum primers are Small Rifle primers in a different box.

I'll differ on the Small Rifle Primers..... I use Small Pistol Magnum primers mostly WIN MagTech.

My source at Federal stated Small Pistol Magnum primers are Small Rifle primers in a different box.

I'd agree they work about the same, just don't expect MagTech Rifles to go boom with a weak stricker or without an extended firing pin.

So to requote it SPM or SRP work well.

I second the brass limited magwell I'd love to have another

I've been thinking about making another batch as we've had a few requests, just not enough demand right now. Email Lacey with your request and I'll ask her to start a list.

I second the brass limited magwell I'd love to have another

I've been thinking about making another batch as we've had a few requests, just not enough demand right now. Email Lacey with your request and I'll ask her to start a list.

so do i need to e-mail her again?

Edited by RWF

IMG_7137.jpg

IMG_7136.jpgi did find out one thing, i know i have gotten shakey hand some days worst than others, BUT DXXN!!! that red dot can be all over the place, the mounting screws must be loose!

also here are a few more picutes.

well got use it at 2 matches this weekend, i shot as a secound gun for no score at the henry county IDPA. a little slow on the draw til my real holser gets here. few of the guys wanted to try it out while i playing with the shotgun in there steel bay, there made to be 10-15 standing line for there turn. it was the IDPA idea of a speed stage about 7 targets witha non threat in the middle at 45 deree line one to the body and one to the head. use my open m & p and a few had under 2 second runs. and they all use there ammo. from factory 115-160 green bayou bullets.

today i did USPSA it went well but spent to much time dot hunting, Brad a Grand Master shoot it super fast keeping all the shoots in the "A" no more than 3" apart

and it ran with no isses!

WOO! HOO!!!

• 3 months later...

as some of you know i broke my neck 31 aug atC-6 and C-7. my pro has a 2.5# trigger and could not pull it. it took 2 fingers or my middle finger i hope my strengh comes back cause i hope to try and shoot from mywheel chair.