Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

POLL: Drums in Tactical?

I say let the scope tac shooters use whatever mag that floats their boat. I do think that limited should have some sort of rifle mag restriction, because it is LIMITED. But I understand that I am in the minority with that opinion.

:cheers:

I say let the scope tac shooters use whatever mag that floats their boat. I do think that limited should have some sort of rifle mag restriction, because it is LIMITED. But I understand that I am in the minority with that opinion.

:cheers:

I agree with you on limited.

This is what I did up here and its been popular.

I call it production not limited but limited as a name makes more sense.

1. Pistol limited 10 USPSA rules basically current limited rules just 10+1

2. Shotgun Must be pump otherwise same as current limited rules

3. Rifle same as current limited rules with red dot and irons but also 30 round mag restriction.

Pat

I dont care what type of magazine you use. If you want to lug around a 100 round drum go ahead. As far as restricting limited rifle, pistol, or shotgun magazine (or shotgun action type) capacity....No. Leave it the way it is.

Limited to me is more about the rifle and mastering iron sights. Well, not so much iron sights anymore. ;)

Scott

AHHHH...the oldest and most worn out "saw" in 3-gun. There is no distinction between and open rifle and a tactical rifle.......There MAY, and it would be a mighty SLIM MAY!!!! be a point IF we held rifle only matches....BUT WE DON'T!!!!! ALL the gear together defines OPEN, not just the rifle. So drum up. belt up, multi stack up to hearts content.

Kurt,

I wouldn't mind seeing some rifle only matches. I had intended on the European Rifle championship this year but my employment status adruptly changed cutting out most of my shooting year.

I my first matches were short range, high count with at least double taps. I recall the frustration watching someone run the course with a drum then making a his required 1 mag change at the end. Was a real advantage and I couldn't afford to get one so I knew I was at a disadvantage.

I'd be happy to see a 30 round limit in all classes except open and would not be opposed to a stage that required some amount of hand loading a mag at some point on the stage, be it 1 or 5 rounds. I have seen it done by starting with a totally empty gun and mag, mag and rounds sitting on the table. The shooter starts by loading the first mag then taking the first target

Tar

Edited by Sleepswithdogs

I like the idea of having the length limitation for tac and 30 rnd cap for limited it makes the most sense as far as logical progression of gear changes just like with the pistol and the shotgun.

Open- if you can lug it you can use it

Tac- limited to the length of the surefire 60 (or maybe the Nordic extension if it's shorter than the surefire 100 mag)

Limited- 30 in a mag

But I'm also of the opinion that limited pistol should have a max capacity to give it more separation from tac pistol since as it stands now the real difference is pretty much only in the rifle. Just food for thought

Edited by Akkid17