Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Glock Open

67ls7vert

Will this be a dedicated Open gun? Get the SJC if you're not worried about altering the frame & being able to use a Glock Speed holster.

Deltapoint, Fastfire, C-More RTS on a slide ride if you don't want to do much to the gun. Carver mount & Slide Ride C-More but you need a modded holster.

Its worth testing a slide mounted optic imo just because all it would cost you is the machining to melt it in and saves you modding the frame if you like it

And if you dont like it you use a sjc micro mount and put it there

Carver mount & Slide Ride C-More but you need a modded holster.

+1 on this one you dont have to modify the frame and the mount is more solid and the full size c-more gives it better balance with the bigger mount. It does require the CR modified holster. I would aviod slide mounted optics if you plan on shooting it alot. If you want a micro sight carver offers one of those mounts as well. Just my opinion...

My old 771's for my Para-14 fit my 9mm & .40 mags just fine & I used them that way til I changed my rig. I guess Safariland changed the design then?

I never had a Ghost holster, but would taking more material off of the front weaken it's strength & locking ability? I wonder if anyone did this already.

I bought a Ghost and I will mill it if I use the Carver mount. I now need the spacers to use the 9mm mags in my Safariland para mag holders. Any suggestions?

That will only work easily if it is one of the old ghost holsters with a solid body & the pin you have to drill a hole in your trigger guard. Several years back ghost went to a hollow body for their holster. I suppose you can mill it but you will then need to use some type of body filler or something to fill in the hollow part of the holster body to fill the voids.

It may be cheaper to buy a ghost than the CR speed but it is definitely a lot more work & time. The CR mod is pretty easy to do & it is not necessary to be very precise. I have an oscillating spindle sander that I used which made nice curves but it could be done with a dremel just as easily. Just take a little off, try it, take a little more, try it. Doesn't take long. No filling or void problems at all. If you are very OCD, you can even polish the CR speed back to a semi original finish look. No paint, just polish to the right amount of surface texture.

MLM

OK, you guys are funny! somebody has let the cat out of the bag. Yes, I'm OCDDDDD but the good news is being retired Air Force I earned my OCD!!! My kid call it Anal Retentive not OCD. I have a small Grizzly all-in-one mill that will work purfectly. I have not pulled the ghost apart but I think you age correct, it's hollow. I will post the later this week when I have time.

I still have not heard any response on the use of the Deltapoint or should I use the Carver mount and a Cmore. I already own the Deltapoint and correct mounts.

I've got an Open G17 with a Leupold DP. I use the DAA racer holster with it.

Since you already have a DP with the mounts, try it as a slide ride and see if it works for you. I didn't have a problem with a slide ride so it opened up my holster selection quite a bit.

I chose the DAA racer due to it's retention, speed, adjustments, and price.

OK TT350Z, Hey I know where you are. Wht not Minot? Freezing is the reason! I bought the Ghost and I am going to try it first like you said. I have a friend that has loaned me the Cmore and the Carver, so I want to try it. What load are you using for the g17? I have autocomp on order but the W231 is not working.

I haven't started loading ammo for it yet.

I'm just using factory Blazer Brass and American Eagle right now so I can accrue some brass to start loading for it.

Not really freezing here, I've spent my last 2 winters in Guam. Hopefully im around to shovel some snow this winter :devil:

• 2 months later...