Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Multigun governing body ?

As a Brit trying to help get Multigun matches off the ground this side of the pond - is there any moves to have one set of rules & one governing body ?

Iv shot a Uspsa 3 gun match at Owensboro & a few Outlaw ones .

Thanks as allways for any help & advise.

Oh yes if you want a laught check out our website front page ..... http://four4islands.org

never seen so much rain !

David.

Long standing debate. USPSA would be the logical choice, and is really the only organization with the infrastructure and stature. They are definitely getting better with adoption of time-plus, but still many MDs bridle under some of their more restrictive rules (such as on targets, range equipment failure etc.). I think they will get there, but mainly because of pressure from outlaw matches... I sincerely doubt they would have abandoned major/minor scoring had there not been such market competition, and I think that competition needs to be there a while longer. Outlaw matches are where we test out new rules and ideas, and once consensus is established then they can migrate to maturity with the USPSA.

The other potential candidate is the International Multi-Gun Association. The IMA is more concept than organization, with Dan Furby and the SMM3G match committee being the primary custodians of its legacy. We keep IMA-SMM3G rules updated, and they are a good starting point for you (let me know if you want a copy as a Word .DOC file), but other matches around the US have their own local variations and there is little attempt today to standardize. We have nothing like the infrastructure of the USPSA, but we can be much more responsive and do pretty much whatever we want. We don't pretend to "own" this sport though - just another bunch of flies in the ointment. :devil:

Short answer is NO, there is no single governing body, and likely won't be for some years.

Edited by StealthyBlagga

I vote that a secret "Star Chamber" be formed to develop, implement and maintain the three gun rules for all outlaw matches. The members would be chosen by a separate secret society of three gun shooters over many, many adult beverages. Anyone who questioned the rules on the internet would get a visit from a friendly RO who would punch them in the balls, and then stick a post it note to the forehead of the trouble maker that reads only STFU. These drastic steps are needed to counteract the pervasion that threatens to take over our sport, Cowboy Action Shooting! If we don't take steps to protect the sport we love, we will all soon be calling each other by cute western nicknames and limiting the pistol round count on all stages to 10. I for one do not want to have to wear a loin cloth or war paint to the range, so any action that will prevent this impending tragedy must be attempted. In this case the ends justify ANY means, even if it means that a few malcontents get a junk shot. Nothing short of the future of our sport hangs in the balance.

:cheers:

Edited by Stlhead

We can't all be blessed with your superior natural talent Chuck. Your comment does deeply disturb me though. I would think that an area director would be above posting blatant lies. Anyone who even remotely knows you in the least will be absolutely certain that you will not feel even the slightest pang of regret, remorse, or even concern, and that you may not even be capable of such feelings. And hey, I have been practicing, it might take two poppers.

We can't all be blessed with your superior natural talent Chuck. Your comment does deeply disturb me though. I would think that an area director would be above posting blatant lies. Anyone who even remotely knows you in the least will be absolutely certain that you will not feel even the slightest pang of regret, remorse, or even concern, and that you may not even be capable of such feelings. And hey, I have been practicing, it might take two poppers.

You're right...woke up this morning, not a bit of guilt. Oh well.