Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Remora Holsters

Lifeislarge

Howdy folks, I just bought a Remora holster for my CCW and after wearing it for a couple hours, I'm not 100% confident. I'm used to my old holster that has a clip keeping it in place, and I just can't shake the feeling that this thing is going to slip out of my drawers at an inopportune moment. I'd be interested in hearing any long term experience you might have with this holster. I carry a Taurus 709 Slim which isn't the heaviest pistol, but I'm pretty skinny so there's not much to hold anything in place (or to hide anything for that matter). Maybe I'm being paranoid but better safe than sorry.

I've been extremely happy with my Remora. I've not had to worry about it it slipping or shifting. Of course, I usually wear jeans with a belt and keep my belt relatively snug. The few times I've gone around with walking shorts, with just elastic waistbands, no issues at all.

Haven't had issues with mine either, using a Smith & Wesson M&P Shield 9mm. The only issue, and it's not really an issue, is keeping a consistent placement. I recommend the reinforced model, makes for more efficient practice. I don't have the sweat shield but it provides more contact with skin if you're still concerned about the holster staying up. You can always wear it inside the band of your underwear to maximize contact with skin. IMHO it's worked well without trying to increase contact with skin.

• 4 months later...

Just a heads up - Saw that Remora is having a 15% off everything special for black Friday through Sunday.

A friend who carries a commander in one told me about them. At first i wasn't that impressed and doubted the security, but after checking it out and knowing how hard he is on his gear and the fact that he is a klutz and still hasn't managed to drop this I changed my mind and figured it would be worth trying one and finding out for myself.

• 1 year later...

After a search and an old thread popped up, are there any more info or comments about these?

Ok does anybody use the Remora no clip carry holsters, I'm thinking of one for my Glock26 G4.

Pro's and cons? Also if you have one and use it fro other brands of guns your comments are welcome too, as I am thinking of a secondary mouse gun in 9mm as a back up?

Got a couple since I made that post and have been using them.

One is for a lightweight plastic fantastic .45, the other for a Firestar 9mm which is all steel and fairly heavy by today's plastic gun standards. No complaints at all; they carry very well with just an un-tucked tee shirt. They do everything they say and are indeed a comfortable and secure IWB holster. I have one with reinforced top, another without. For CCW carry there is no need for the reinforced top. Remora is a good company to do business with. Very helpful and if you want something unique I am pretty sure they will work with you.

Best video I've seen about the Remora. Pretty much tells you everything about the Remora straight up.

:D

Well I have to say that is one of the best vid's on holsters I have seen. There are a couple of others holster one that the ladies are trying to be too cutesy! They covered just about all the questions for either men or women.

Thanks ;)

I like mine for quick trips with my Glock 27. It wants to ride up or fall down depending on the tightness of the pants I am wearing and activity level. General walking around I don't have much problem. I don't like it with sweatpants or athletic shorts. I just can't seem to get the waist tight enough to hold the weight of the 27. My BG-38 revolver is OK in sweatpants or gym shorts, but I still wouldn't try to be more active than running into the store for eggs and milk.

I use my Remora holsters a lot. Just not when I plan to do a lot of walking, like at a flea market/ gunshow or when active like setting up a match or working in the yard.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

I carry around a Kahr CM9 in one almost daily. I use a sturdy leather belt and keep my pants fairly tight, no moving around.

The only issue even with re-enforced top it's not the easiest thing to reholster in.