Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ghost Holster Compability

DWG007

2 questions from a newbie:

1) Will a factory stock Kimber Gold Match 1911 fit/work with a new Ghost Holster, or do Ghost holsters fit only STI/SV frame guns?

2) Is a Ghost Holster legal in Limited 10 division?

Thanks.

007- I just ordered a Ghost and this is the reply from Angus:

"The new Ultimate Ghost is suitable for SVI/STI style guns.

The “Ultimate” pin-less holster is suitable for Para’s and SOME 1911. We do not have a list as yet. If you find the holster is NOT suitable for application please return for refund."

The Ghost is legal in Limited 10.

DWG,

I use one of the new pin-less holsters with a Para. It works well. I tried it with a couple of SA single stacks: no good. :( The pistol frame has some tapering and stuff that keeps the pistol from locking securly. Find someone with one at match and try before you buy....

Later,

Chuck

I just checked and it works just fine with my SA 1911 (TRP Operator). It locks securely, and will only come out in the up direction when unlocked. The only thing is that because the 1911 has a rounded trigger guard vs. square on an STI/SVI the 1911 rocks back a little bit more than my STI can. This only happens if you push down on the magwell (i.e. are trying to do it). This doesn't seem to affect it holding the gun securely or in my couple minutes of playing with it even affect the draw.

The 1911 will fit..or at least I can get my springfield frame and colt frame guns to sit stable in it..

there are two white nylon set screws on the front facing face of the holster near the top..if you back those out to a certain point..it will take up the space and keep the single stack frame from rocking in the holster and keep it in the lock..

if that does not make sense let me know and I shoot some photos of what and where I am talking about..

Chucks,

You said you have tried the new pin-less ghost holster with your para frame. I know there are two type 1 for sti/svi and the other for para. So which one you bought? I'm having a hard time looking for ghost holster for para.

Thanks,

Rich :wacko: