Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Base pads

quedude

Looks like they only add 3 rounds. Others seem to add 5. I'd say that's a disadvantage.

ETA: perhaps it's the Grams follower that adds 2 more rounds. Worth looking into.

ETA2: +1 follower: http://shop.taylorfreelance.com/shopping/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=3&products_id=54

+3 basepad: http://shop.taylorfreelance.com/shopping/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=3&products_id=19

So, 20 with the Taylor Freelance and 21 with the Canyon Creek, assuming they don't need to be tuned for that extra round (the complete mags Rich sells are listed at 21-rounds; there's a typo in the basepad description that says in increases capacity to "16" in .40, which would be +0).

ETA3: the TF pads certainly look easier to take apart. Dunno how they'd work with various magwells.

Edited by diehli

Only have experience with the Arredondo and Canyon Creek products. Both have served me well with zero problems. One point if you are using the CC magwell it only works with the CC basepads unless you do some mods to the Arredondo they won't work with it.

I've got the pistol gear unlimited with Arredondo base pads and I can't complain a bit, I had one of there springs bind and ruin within a mag or 2 but they may have been my fault due to a dirty follower but I dunno, doesn't make me hesitate to do more business with them and I will be ordering another basepad and springs this next week.

CC does thin the sides down to make the mag wells legal for idpa when asked for but one will have to use oem mags with bumper pads added to be able to seat the mags properly no matter who's mag well is used. CC is going to produce box ready base pads so bumpers won't have to be used.

Rich