Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Berry's Bullet

rangerguy

I ordered 1000 Berry's plate 155gr FP. I was building a couple different loads for my open gun never had any problems with them feeding, just ejecting but I fixed that. Well any way went threw the first 1000 so I ordered another 1000. They were a new batch because the lady called me and told me there would be a wait. I get the new bullets and now I'm having FTF issues with them. I used a progressive press so I didn't change any of the die settings. Tried factory ammo and they work fine everything else runs fine. Did I get a bad batch of bullets? Not happy with having 950 rounds not to mention out 100 bucks of ammo I can't trust. What do you guys think, anyone else had this problem. Thanks for any input.

i hate that for you and i dont know about Berry's i do know alot about Rainier's they have been great, they are a very consistent. back to your issue do you have any of the last batch, if so mic them and then the new batch. then you will have something to tell them when you ask for your money back. :cheers:

I had a strange problem with Berry 230 grain .45 roundnose bullets. For some odd reason they would stovepipe in my Kimber about every 5 or 6th round. Did not matter if I change OAL or powder, there was something odd about the bullet. My Colt would also fire them OK.

I did contact Berrys and offered to send back the unopened box of bullets and asked to trade them for a box of 200 grain. I would pay the shipping both ways. They refused. Go figure.Said since it was past the return date, they would not do it. I did want to add I used to use nothing but Berrys for the 9MM, the 124 grain flatnose were great.

Edited by mont1120

failure to feed powderand primer,lol they must have had cotton in there ears when you talked to them.

Or in the case of your e mail can not read the english language,powder and primer is the lastt thing to check The First thing to check,the BULLET. LOL ! SJ 40