Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Good or bad brass

Dalmas

amerc is evil brass in any caliber.

a man at a idpa match had his brand new glock 36 kaboom after only three rounds of Amerc factory loads.

S&B brass works good for me any my guns... really nice in my 45,, it what i really like to use.

remington is good stuff, but it just dont last very long..

I have loaded 40K plus 9mm in two years, and have had only a few not chamber(one was due to someone shortening the case to make 9mmmakarov brass and the crimp die didnt totally remove the flare)

AMERC is junk.

i havent had much trouble with S&B, but i dont really shoot 40s much. 9mm its good stuff. same with 45s.

i have found that 9mm brass with green laquer and a triangle(delta??) and the date along with 9mmP suck. 4.0 grain TG and a 115 the cases were about to blow out at the feed ramp in my glock.

part of that was a screwy can of TG. it didnt work very well when the pressure got to 9mm level..in 45 it worked OK.

there is a place online that sells 40 brass for 8 or nine bucks a thousand, send me a PM and i will send you the link.

Well Dalmas,

I use new brass because I don't want to bet the farm on once or twice fired brass that my press,"let through" For me it seems to chamber smoother and maybe thats all in my head. But I will say my guns Have Never Jammed using new brass!

2000 + rounds at the American Hand Gunner This Year!

Ivan

SCS Vegas

i use nickle brass to keep my steel loads seperate from major ammo.

still the nickle brass must be in good shape for me to use it

i have seen guns choke on brass that had the nickle flaking off.

its not going to happen on my watch...

i think my single stack runs smoother with new remington brass than anything else.

S&B brass is great in the 45, the old 9 stuff is good too, the new stuff has no radius around the primer pocket..makes primer seating with federal primers a little scary.

i use mostly federal primers as i have had missfires and light hits with anthing else(excluding CCI)

plus i like federal primers...they seem cleaner

Test

(snap a remington primer in your clean pistol, run a patch snap a federal primer, run a patch through, now compare the patches...lots of filth in remington primers.)

• 2 weeks later...

A-merc and s&b are the 2 makes of brass I avoid with a passion. Have had at least 4 jams with this stuff , 2 in a match! Thats the kind of jam I dont need ! So I sort all these brands out if I pick up brass at an indoor or outdoor range! All others I have used do fine ,with no problems!

I load all of it except that pesky Federal NT stuff (the primer pockets are smaller). I load S&B, Amerc, Win, Rem, Fed, Starline, anything I can get my hands on. Of course this is when I don't have a surplus as big as I have right now (5k Speer o/f, 2k Fed Nickel o/f). But then I also don't shoot a finicky gun. I shoot a Para LDA with the factory barrel and slide with an aftec extractor. That probably means that the chamber and slide are not as tight and hence almost anything works. Diff guns like diff brass, simple as that.

Vince