Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Sig 1911-22

Harley999

I purchased the Sig 1911-22 and have used about 100 rounds before trouble came. It began to fail to cycle on each round. I cleaned the gun and found that there was no slide grease from the factory. Not seen this with any other pistol but am new to Sig. Is this lack of lube on the slide from the factory normal for Sig?

Also, the barrel is showing wear about a half inch from the muzzle end on the underside, the bluing was rubbed off. A friend has the same gun and shows the same wear after 700 rounds, not getting more bluing rubbed off after the initial spot. Anyone have a similar experience?

Thanks

I have a GSG-1911/22 which is the same gun

It needs a light oil on the slide rails to keep it functioning, on mine.

Did You clean and lube your pistol when new out of the box?

The slide rubbing on the barrel: check your barrel mounting screw (the dissasembly screw where the slide-stop is), it needs to stay tight and will often work-loose with firing. (use locktite)

I use Lubriplate (sp) on all my Sig's. It can be bought anywhere and it works great. Sig typically sends them greased up but it is always best strip it down and make sure it has been done adequately.

Most Sig's will start showing the "smiley" faces after some rounds down the tube.

Edited by Vipers

Have to admit I didn't clean the gun out of the box. It did fire better at the range with a few failure to reload. I found the dis-assembly tight so thanks for the tip, will keep an eye on this. I had to Locktite the grip screws on my Kimber Solo because they kept coming loose.

Thanks again

• 4 weeks later...