Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

140mm and SNL +1 problem...

aggunner

I just received my dawson SNL +1 base plates and i'm running into a big issue, the mags won't lock in because the base plate is hitting the bottom of the frame. Has anyone run into this issue before?

Did you try a different tube and/or another SNL basepad on that tube, i Know dawsons run high on the tube but like kalaur said it should't even be close to the frame much less the magwell. If that doesn't work contact dawson.

Hello: I think you have 131mm tubes. The trick now is to find some Dawson +2 base pads or use some Grams ones. I will have to check to see which Grams will fit with the magwells I use. I am using the Cameron Custom and STI ones right now. Shooters Connection sell some extended base pads for 126mm mags that are Double Tap ones for the IPSC box and also Dawson wedge ones. I can check to see if they fit the gauge for you tomorrow. Thanks, Eric

Edited by Aircooled6racer

Measuring from the bottom of the base plate to the top of the feed lips should give me 140MM right? I didn't realize there was a 131MM tube, fack.

If you're measuring along the back, yes. Pull off the basepad and measure the tubes themselves.

If you have 126/131mm tubes you may want to try the Para basepads from Shooters Connection. The Para basepad locks on the lip of the mag and the tube does not go into the basepad, this give you extra tube length. I use the Para basepads on my old old short STI tubes and they work just fine for 38SC & 9mm with spacers. I get 23 9mm & 24 38SC in the tubes reloadable. They also make the gauge. You can use the 11 or 13 Grams spring. If you use the 13 you will get less rounds in the tube. I use the 11 spring.