Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Is a 1050 what I want/need?

I've been encountering a lot of crimped brass in 9mm in the ones i pickup. RG/WCC etc. it plays havoc with my LM. I am also too lazy to sort my brass.

I shoot about 12-15k rounds of 9mm a year. I am thinking of getting a 1050 in 9mm to solve the crimped primer problem.

Does it make sense?

It would definitely save you some time, it just depends on how much your time is worth. 10-15K per year, and don't want to sort, I wouldn't even have to ask. If you absolutely hate the 1050, then just sell it.

:cheers:

If you want one then buy it. As soon as you load anything on it you will start desiring to load everything on it. The 1050 is an awesome machine.

If you just need some brass processed then there are folks out there that will do it for a reasonable price or the super swage is a low cost alternative if you want to do it yourself.

GT

Thats the reason I bought one last year. Haven't regretted the purchase since. I still think a 650 isn't all that worse I just like the swagger. So it's 9x19 and 223 on the 1050 and for all the rest I still use my 650's If you can afford I wouldn't hesitate.

And besides need one of each don't you :)

Verstuurd van mijn HTC Desire S met Tapatalk

Crimped brass is fine, you just have to acknowledge that it is crimped and adjust your process for it. Rather than being surprised by crimps in mixed brass I but 100% crimped or non-crimped and keep my lots separate. Couple extra steps first time through but I find it is well worth it in the end.

And buy a 1050.