Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Bayou bullets

Grumpy's Toy

He showed a guy in Baton Rouge how to make the bullets. So I think there will be another source soon

I don't understand, why would a guy undercut his own business?

The other guy pays a royalty?

could be Pete, maybe the other guy is working, kinda, sorta, for Donny. Contracting out some work maybe

That possible too.

I ordered 10k of 230gr from Donnie less than 2 weeks ago and they were delivered yesterday. While I have not loaded any from this batch yet, I like the new coating. Regarding "the other guy", as I understand it, its just Donnie increasing production by bringing someone on and not a "new source" of BB.

Edited by blueeyedme

Hello all,

Just a note to let you guys know that we are doing our best to get caught up with the orders.

Have installed more ovens, have another casting machine on the way.

I am seldom on the forum, so if you have any questions on order status etc, send me an e-mail bayoubullets@yahoo.com

Thanks

Donnie

Hello all,

Just a note to let you guys know that we are doing our best to get caught up with the orders.

Have installed more ovens, have another casting machine on the way.

I am seldom on the forum, so if you have any questions on order status etc, send me an e-mail bayoubullets@yahoo.com

Thanks

Donnie

Get back to work............ :devil:

I placed an order 2 weeks ago and they arrived within a week. I'm not sure if I hit him at a good time or what but I was impressed with the quick turn around as well as the quality of the bullets.

I placed an order 2 weeks ago and they arrived within a week. I'm not sure if I hit him at a good time or what but I was impressed with the quick turn around as well as the quality of the bullets.

Same here.

I only order 500 to try so that might be part of why he got them out so fast.

Haven't gotten a chance to load them but they look nice!

Any know a good load with the 230 round nose and Power Pistol?

I ran 400 of the new bullets through my single stack this week. They shot great! Very accurate, consistent size and weight and no weird build up in the chamber or grooves. Also, both the coating and lead are fairly hard, you don't have to do anything special with them. Just load em and shoot em. I found that velocity more closely matched jacketed performance. 200gr swc, 5.2 grains 231, 1.260 oal got me about 775fps. That load gets me 850 from plain old cast lead.

I ran 400 of the new bullets through my single stack this week. They shot great! Very accurate, consistent size and weight and no weird build up in the chamber or grooves. Also, both the coating and lead are fairly hard, you don't have to do anything special with them. Just load em and shoot em. I found that velocity more closely matched jacketed performance. 200gr swc, 5.2 grains 231, 1.260 oal got me about 775fps. That load gets me 850 from plain old cast lead.

Did you chrono vs. the old BB coating?

Yeah I ran the old ones over the chrony and got similar results. I'm gonna try them with some solo1000 this weekend and see if I can get them up to major PF. 231 is great, but just a little dirty. It will work fine, but if I can get Solo to work then bonus.

Yeah I ran the old ones over the chrony and got similar results. I'm gonna try them with some solo1000 this weekend and see if I can get them up to major PF. 231 is great, but just a little dirty. It will work fine, but if I can get Solo to work then bonus.

I get 170ish with 3.9 N310 pushing the 230 Bayou @1.25oal. Have never run solo. I still have 2-3k of the "old" BB coating before I get into the new coated ones. I will certainly shoot them over my chrono before I take them to a match.

I know this is accepted wisdom but as someone who has loaded over 80 pounds of 231 I just do not find this to be true.

Now, 231 and uncoated cast bullets? Yes, that's nasty. However, I get just a touch of residue on the inside of the slide after 500 rounds with Bayou Bullets.

I've ordered and received 20K of the Bayou Bullets this year in 180 gr .40's. I had to wait some and Donnie would help me out if I was getting low but it was worth it.

I know this is accepted wisdom but as someone who has loaded over 80 pounds of 231 I just do not find this to be true.

Now, 231 and uncoated cast bullets? Yes, that's nasty. However, I get just a touch of residue on the inside of the slide after 500 rounds with Bayou Bullets.

I've ordered and received 20K of the Bayou Bullets this year in 180 gr .40's. I had to wait some and Donnie would help me out if I was getting low but it was worth it.

It was only a mild observation. Not a show stopper by any means. I need a powder to get me through a 400-500rd heavy practice without gookin things up and 231 gets it done. It's only a relative comparison to the other common powders I use. Clays, Solo, Titegroup and Universal are all a bit cleaner than 231. I like and use lots of 231 for it's versatility, good metering and consistent chrony results when loaded at all power levels.

Interestingly, I loaded up some more of these 200gr swc Bayou, with Solo. I was able to make 850fps with 5.1gr, which is down around min, but the velocity was a bit jumpy. The exact opposite results from the 231 loads I tested a few days ago. I think I'm gonna pick up a fresh bottle and give 231 another try. Also, I put down another 300 or so with the new coating and they not only shot great, but also kept the barrel residue free with easy clean up. So far, I am really liking these bullets.

• 5 weeks later...