Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Burris Fast Fire III

Glockman1000

I melted mine in the slide my self , cut it to the same depth as the rear site dovetail. That still allows the auto sensor to work , I'm thinking of lowering it another 2 mm , and mill a slight slot in front of the sensor to allow the sensor to still get light.

I have always wondered about how well the Springer Precision mount would hold up. Do you feel like it will hold up well and not course any problems with cycling while riding the slide?

I use Scott's mount, and have not had an issue so far

I honestly don't know, you may be able to tell by looking at the first set of pics, you can see the bottom of it there. Also you may be able to tell by looking at the extra battery plate (for a Doctor sight) that is being used as an adapter in this case.

This is the first FastFire I've owned so don't know anything about the I or II models.

I have three Fastfire 1's and just purchased a Fastfire 3 with the 8 MOA dot. For whatever reason the dot is brighter on the Fastfire 1, but the additional features of the "3" are well worth the upgrade. Don't get me wrong the dot is very good, just not quite as bright as the original model FF. I also have the CMore STS and the dot washes out in the bright AZ sun which is not a problem with the FF 1 or 3. I wish Leupold would use some of the features on their Deltapoint that the Burris folks have come up with.....such as windage/ elevation adj. Oh and the mounting pattern is different on the FF1 and FF3 which kinda bummed me out.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

An update, on my Fastfire sight(s). My first one is doing just fine, after 6 months of riding atop my XDm slide.

I purchased a second back in December, for backup. Zeroed it in and put it in my range bag. Dug it out last week, to check zero, and after a day at the firing line the dot would go out after recoil. It would eventually come back on but, same thing would happen on next shot.

I sent it in this week.

I can verify that the battery cover on the Fastfire III can be easily cross threaded rendering the battery cap worthless. I do like the features of the Fastfire III as outlined by others, but I'm beginning to apprecieate the simplicity my Fastfire II more now.