Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Gen4 guiderods

pevadijk

What kind of replacement guide rods do you use in your Gen4's?

I currently use a Jager Gen4 rod (with a 13 pound ISMI), because I think a Gen3 rod with an adapter fits a bit wobbly in the frame.

Glockworx/Zev extended SS guiderod with 15lb ISMI spring in my Gen 4 35 using the Zev Gen 3 adapter. I have not had a single problem with the setup itself. I did have a Glockstore SS captured Gen4 guiderod come apart on me so I will be sticking with a 1 piece guiderod.

If you're running Minor loads, you need to use a weaker spring.

I tried running the lone wolf stainless guiderod with their adapter but I still have ejection issues with it. I was using a stock spring weight, so maybe it is too heavy?

A1 on the Jager polymer Gen 4 guide rod and ISIMI spring combo. Not a hiccup in 4000 rounds of my 130 PF reloads in my Gen4 G17. Jager also gives very prompt service. You won't be dissapointed.

I recently puchased my Glock 34 Gen 4. Bought the Glockworxs tungsten extended guide rod with the gen 4 guide rod adapter ring. I emailed Glockworx with my concern that the head of the their guide rod is a smaller diameter than that of the factory Gen 4 guide rod. it would fall off the cutout in the barrel lug and fall into the lower cutout out.

I received a reply that it's fine and that Glockworxs did extensive testing - and they didn't have any issues. - I would be nice if they offered a larger diameter replacement head.

I think I will order the jager Gen 4 guide rod.

Edited by sbpt1911

I tried running the lone wolf stainless guiderod with their adapter but I still have ejection issues with it. I was using a stock spring weight, so maybe it is too heavy?

They must have changed something, because I tried using a LWD SS guiderod (for ISMI springs) with a LWD GEN 4 adapter ring, and it no worky. The OD of the guiderod was too big to pass through the adapter they sent me. This was about a year or so ago. I just assumed that the adapters were only designed for the factory polymer RSA's.

Edited by MEAT

1000 plus rounds with LWD stainless rod with adapter ..no issues. Bought it last March.

using 13 lb ISMI spring 2 coils cut. I tuned my spring with my 130 PF loads.

GEN4 GLOCK 17

I also ordered a Glockmeister Gen4 rod and EFK Fire Dragon also seems to make a Gen4 specific guiderod.

The Jager rod is very easy to take apart and it seems like the Glockmeister rod has a screwed on cap, that's not very easy to remove.

it seems like the Glockmeister rod has a screwed on cap, that's not very easy to remove.

that's the reason why I sold mine, they (Glockmeister) said it can be removed but no slot or allen head like the LWD