1.235 oal

wolf srp

A 1465 1463

H 1482 1477

L 1451

E 31 35

SD 10

PF 168 168

ok so what gives I run another 25 rounds through the chrony and constantly got 168 the reason for this was I even checked this was I am fixing to send this gun to my GS and I wanted to be sure of the pf on the ammo i was sending. I went back to the rounds pulled 10 and each had 9.9- 10 grains in the case. across two scales a lyman digital an an rcbs beam scale.

what gets me weird is that on the same day i chrono 9 major rounds and they chrnoy as usual pf? so that rules out the chrony. I know that the batch with the higher pf was 9.9 cause i weight every charge of chrony ammo. this is out of the same 8lb jug. could the humidty add that much weight ?

Same time of day, cloud cover, sunat same angle on shooting screens, these can all make chrono give different results. Did you have ammo out laying in sun on first day and second day it was sitting in bag?

Mat, This is why I did not bother too much with HS6 or Silhouette as they were much more temp sensitive than WAC. I was used to consistency after running N320 in Production. I don't enjoy loading rounds for what I am "guessing" the temp range will be when I shoot them.

Same time of day, cloud cover, sunat same angle on shooting screens, these can all make chrono give different results. Did you have ammo out laying in sun on first day and second day it was sitting in bag?

Yeah all close enough to not make that much difference. I chronny in same spot every time and use my diffusers to completely block direct sun or take them off all together on overcast days. As far as sitting in the sun the first batches to be honest I don't remember. Yesterday's and today's no.

Yeah I went to ha6 with 115 to try and get more gas out of 9 major turbor comp sarge but like I said the hs-6 load I chronnyed the same day in 9 major was in the same bag and was as normal as well as my9 major autocomp load. I am not sure what to do here the super does need a little more gas but now I am afraid to up my charge if something weird is going on. So I think I am going to load some more 9.9 and 10.3 and see what happens I show zero pressure on the cases at 169 or the 175 load so I think I should be safe.

Sarge, that is not typical of HS6. I shoot it all last year from about 40 up to 100 and I always came in between 169-171 at all the majors I did and at my local range.

We all know you are a WAC guy but HS6 is an awesome 9Major powder and more versatile than most powders for this type of loading...

Bad sensor it went out completely today wouldn't do anything but read er 01 move to stop er 02 replace with buddies sensor reads fine

Thanks for letting us know Mat. I'm glad it wasn't the powder but sorry for you that you have to get another sensor...

If I can get 4756 to fit in 9 case I am going to try it next. It's extremely soft in my super

I couldn't get enough powder in 9x19 to make major, I made it close to 165 but no room to spare.

Hello: I have found HS-6 very temp stable even with a 40 degree spread. Silhouette on the other hand not so much and being reverse temp sensitive plays hell when you chrone. Cold good very hot maybe not :surprise: Winchester is good also but harsher on the hand than HS-6. Hodgdon HS-6 is my favourite 9mm open powder and burns clean at 171-173PF with small rifle or Magnum primers and lots of 115 grain bullets :cheers: Magnum primers are a little better burning. Thanks, Eric