Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Fathers Day match... tell me this WON'T be fun.. :)

The local USPSA club just announced a fun shoot "Marksman Match" on Fathers Day. 50 people max allowed to sign up. I HAD to sign up even though I've never touched a bow and have little shotgun experience. Just sounded to good to pass up....especially at the price. :) Can't wait....

"We've got sign ups for our Master Marksman match at the shop right now. 50$ per person, includes ammo, food, guns, everything. Topping it off at 50 shooters. Must sign up prior to the match.

The match is similar to Top Shot, we're having 8 stages in one day. Archery, Carbine, USPSA, 3-gun, primitive, precision rifle, shotgun, and rimfire challenge. Silver buckle for top prize and plaques for division and stage winners. We're providing all the weapons and ammunition to make it fair for everybody. Match is Fathers day."

• 2 weeks later...

We have talked about it here is SW Florida but can't come up with the right plan. There are so many variables to deal with. If anyone has plans for one of these, would you put the details on the forum someplace. Thanks.

One of the clubs that I belong to has what they refer to as "The Decathalon". Once a year we have ten events, .22 handgun, .38 handgun, .22 rifle, muzzleloading rifle, skeet, trap, fishing rod, air rifle, bow and arrow and tomahawk throw. Five tries with each weapon. Only open to club members, they supply the guns and ammo. You are not allowed to use your own stuff. They started it so the different groups would try other things and intermingle a little. There is a big bragging rights factor and a nice dinner after.