Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New MP Guy Requests Advise

Trident

Ok, just bought a few Mp's in 9 and 40 and trying to get a consensus of what needs to be done to these and what loads work best.

I'm currently loading for Sig 226 and HK30L with MG 124g CMJ over 4.2g N320 @ 1.145 but have JHP on order since MG is out of CMJ.

Love to hear what you guys are doing to these guns as well as what loads are working the best.

Thanks in advance.

What division do you plan to shoot, Production, Limited, Open?

Production & some

Limited

For my Production M&P 9 Pro, I have installed:

- Dawson Precision adjustable rear and FO front

- Apex Tactical RAM

- Apex Tactical competition enhancement kit (sear, striker block kit, reduced power springs)

- Apex Tactical M&P faiure resistant extractor

- Replaced sear housing block with newer S&W factory part that has larger 1/8" sear spring & plunger (the smaller spring & plunger caused sear flutter issues)

- Speed Shooter Specialties non-captured tungsten guide rod (for 5" model) with 11 pound ISMI recoil spring

- Replaced full size magazine base pads with factory compact, flat base pads

- Dawson Precision grip tape

For my Limited M&P 40 Pro, I have installed:

- Dawson Precision adjustable rear and FO front

- Apex Tactical Foward Set Sear and Trigger Kit (sear, trigger, trigger block, competition spring kit)

- Apex Tactical M&P failure resistant extractor

- Replaced sear housing block with newer S&W factory part that has larger 1/8" sear spring & plunger (the smaller spring & plunger caused sear flutter issues)

- Speed Shooter Specialties non-captured tungsten guide rod (for 5" model) with 11 pound ISMI recoil spring (less 2 coils)

- Dawson Precision grip tape

- Speed Shooter Specialties aluminum magwell

- Taylor Freelance brass 140mm M&P floor plate and extended ISMI magazine spring

- Trimmed factory followers down to allow extended magazines to accomodate 20 rounds

Edited by jimzim

• 3 weeks later...

I am shooting an M&P Pro9 in production. I added the Apex sear and competition spring kit (less the striker spring), Dawson grip tape, stippled back strap, and 13lb recoil spring. I was also having extraction issues and added the Apex FRE. My load is a 135 Berry over 3.6 titegroup for a 132.7 PF.

pro 9 in production here. Replaced the front sight with a red dawson .115 wide-don't remember the height. Dan Burwell trigger competition trigger job. WELL worth the money. S&W recommended I replace the recoil spring at 5k, so I went with a non captured steel rod and 15# ISMI. I kind of want to try rounding out the magwell a little (within legal limits of course) and plan on replacing the barrel at 10k rounds.

Currently using 125grain velocity lead bullets over 4.3 solo 1K (slow batch). Very consistent at 1.13 OAL.

Edited by Wilkenstein

What size FO front for the Dawson with an M&P9 full size?

I went with the dawson adjustable rear and dawson FO front on M&P Pro 9. I used the .285 height and .125 width front sight and it works like a charm and there is plenty of adjustment left in the rear sight.

• 2 months later...