Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Magazine Issues

Buford!

Here's the situation - P18 factory mags with original followers and original springs. Add Dawson Toolless basepad and the spring locksdown at round 19 when I push it down to insert round 20. I can basically rattle all the rounds out of the mag at that point. What is happening is that the first two rounds are getting stuck under the indents on the sides of the sides of the mag with one round sitting on the follower as it's supposed to and the other looks like it jumped the track and got on the outside of the follower. I've tested it with two different mags (one that I know works since I shot it last week and one that is brand new as of yesterday) and the same thing happens. Do I have to get new followers, new springs, dremmel down the indents? This little experiment is getting a bit frustating. :angry2:

The inserts will help, but the real problem is the follower is getting stuck while transferring from the basepad to the mag body. There is a video about this on youtube by dawson Precision on how to fix your followers so the don't hang up.

There is a video about this on youtube by dawson Precision on how to fix your followers so the don't hang up.

Hi Roy,

Do you have a link for that video? It does not seem to be in Dave's channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/DawsonPrecision

Thanks!

Chuck

I think it's titled tuning glock followers for DP basepads. It's the same for Para followers. The most recent DP para basepad i bought came with the instructions to do this modification. I can take a picture of the instructions if anybody wants.

Everyone's right.

I've had problems w/ 2xStack until a Grand Master told me "...to load -.015 whatever your COL happens to be for 2xStack."

Solved lots of problems.

Edited by stinsonbeach

Update: I put in the Arredondo inserts and fixed the original problem but then of course I had to deal with the followers not going down into the basepads. After some sanding (front and back of the followers) I finally got all four mags to work as advertised... at least from a loading and unloading by hand standpoint. I took the advise from slowsure and went ahead and replaced the factory springs with ISMI springs as well.

I was told that this was the guy to go to around here. So, if that's the wait time then that's the wait time. Meh. The upside to the five week wait is that I haven't even had the opportunity to shoot this gun in a competition so I won't know what I'm missing really. And I've got my M&P so it's not like I'm left high and dry. Heck, I don't even have a holster yet (it's on order) or mag holders for my belt. Speaking of that... any suggestions on which mag holders to go with? :unsure:

Edited by Buford!

For Holsters and mag holders I have been using this guy lately Master-Tac Bill and Robin are good fokes and will do you right. I picked a 1911 SS holster and mag holder off the prize table made by Master-Tac and I have been very impressed so far.

They mainly do IDPA style gear but a mag holder is a mag holder.