Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Major 3 Gun Rules All In One Place

I know we all love to argue about discuss the rules. So I put together a thread on another forum with all the major 3 Gun match's rule sets. Let me know if I'm missing any please.

http://www.boomershooter.com/forums/index.php?/topic/7986-2012-major-3-gun-match-rules/

Moderators if there are any issues with me posting a link to a site with ads please feel free to delete this thread and/or copy, save and repost a thread here with these rules. I can't upload enough file size here to make it work.

Wow ! Cool

"That Cat Jesse is one bad mothA " ....I can Dig it!

The Uspsa rules has another book for Rifle and One for shotgun that is included as part of the Multi gun rules. and the hand-gun book.

it also has precision rifle rules, and you have to include the "Rulings" notes to have a complete set.

But that may have all gotten worked out in the past year.

It was the a hard open book test ..for me any way :blush:

Wow ! Cool

"That Cat Jesse is one bad mothA " ....I can Dig it!

The Uspsa rules has another book for Rifle and One for shotgun that is included as part of the Multi gun rules. and the hand-gun book.

it also has precision rifle rules, and you have to include the "Rulings" notes to have a complete set.

But that may have all gotten worked out in the past year.

It was the a hard open book test ..for me any way :blush:

USPSA is gonna have to get their stuff together if they want to be a part of my list. :angry2:

I was a little bored this morning so I took the time to compare most of the major rules. This isn't complete, I still have a couple of sets of rules to add and some categories I thought of halfway through to go back and fill in, I'll also proofread and clean it up later. Let me know if anything is incorrect or any categories that should be added. I learned quite a bit doing this, was surprised at some of the rules.

3 Gun Rules Overview

USPSA is gonna have to get their stuff together if they want to be a part of my list. :angry2:

As a member of USPSA, have you told your AD what you want in and out of the current ruleset? They are working on a new ruleset for 2013, and from the conversations I have had with my AD, it is coming along nicely.

Troy McManus is the AD for Area4, and he will certainly be contributing to and voting on the new ruleset. He is actually a pretty good guy and I think he will even take a phone call from the Mayor. :roflol:

As a member of USPSA, have you told your AD what you want in and out of the current ruleset? They are working on a new ruleset for 2013, and from the conversations I have had with my AD, it is coming along nicely.

Troy McManus is the AD for Area4, and he will certainly be contributing to and voting on the new ruleset. He is actually a pretty good guy and I think he will even take a phone call from the Mayor. :roflol:

McManus is not only our A4 director, but he is one of the very few Range Master Instructors in USPSA (As in very involved in NROI). I'm sure he would love to hear about any concerns over multigun rules. However, he is a very busy guy, so I would email him first. :D

Sent him a message on Facebook the other day. It's such a mess I'd really have to run for a BOD position to fix it. I trust that Linda and Phil know what they are doing. That guy from the Northwrst will keep our 3 gun interests in mind too.

AD, Troy McManus and The Mayor should never be used in the same sentence again. For an explanation of wth im referring to See my video from Area 4 pistol last year! Somebody was used to shooting Glocks and decided to try Single Stack with light trigger! :(

I was a little bored this morning so I took the time to compare most of the major rules. This isn't complete, I still have a couple of sets of rules to add and some categories I thought of halfway through to go back and fill in, I'll also proofread and clean it up later. Let me know if anything is incorrect or any categories that should be added. I learned quite a bit doing this, was surprised at some of the rules.

3 Gun Rules Overview

Can only get a jist of what you have here because im on mobile but it looks awesome!!!

3 Gun Rules Overview

Efforts such as this one are the first step to a standard set of rules. Maybe that means we end up with 90% of the rules being standard with say 3 variations on scoring and a MD would say that they are using the standard rules with variation 2 as to scoring and variation 3 on some other issue. Over a period of time the number of variations would likely reduce and given more time we might set an universal standard. Thank you for your contributions.

I just finished a review of the proposes USPSA MG rules at the request of my AD, along with a few others. I am happy :cheers: I beleive they will put these out for member comments at some point.

As you comment on Boomer,,,, knowing the rules of the Match you are shooting!!!:cheers:

I would say,,, knowing the scoring system they are using,,, is maybe more important,,

2 on paper,, way different than IDPA scoreing,, in the way you would want to shoot the match,,

for Example,,

Listing the rules,, is a good idea,,,, saying WE NEED ONE RULE!!!

Good luck with that and prepare for the Fire Storm!!

Interesting I do not see the FNH USA match rules in the listing, evidently the MAYOR does not consider us a major 3 Gun match. OOOOPS, I just lost his entry form, dang it and the match is full!

Interesting I do not see the FNH USA match rules in the listing, evidently the MAYOR does not consider us a major 3 Gun match. OOOOPS, I just lost his entry form, dang it and the match is full!

And he listed a 2 year outdated set of rules for USPSA. This is the right one Jesse: USPSA 2012 MG Rules

If they aren't there I couldn't find them at the Time. That's the other problem with several of the major matches. Websites that aren't up to date all the time. Heck I think that's a problem for about 90% of all the matches and gun clubs/ranges. Not saying FNH has a bad site it's actually one of the good ones!

I think I must have skipped this match altogether. I don't know how I could have ever done such a thing being as it was like my 6-7th favorite match last year. Must have been cause it was so late in the year and wasn't on my match calendar completely yet.

Edited by Jesse Tischauser

And he listed a 2 year outdated set of rules for USPSA. This is the right one Jesse: USPSA 2012 MG Rules

See that's what I'm talking about. Why can I even find the old rules? If the mayor can't find it how does Joe Newbie find it?

I'm hoping one day 3 Gun Nation gets their stuff together and has a spot for each major match to use in their website. It could be the go to place for everyone to store their admin stuff such as rules, etc.

Edited by Jesse Tischauser