Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ SAO conversion issues

IuniusBrutus

This is mostly copied from the CZ forums, but I figured I'd pick another set of brains as well. :)

I installed a CGW Shadow Hammer kit in my 75B Compact. Everything went smoothly, and it functions perfectly with the factory trigger in. I received my CZ-Custom SAO trigger a few days ago though, and after installing I discovered that the pistol was totally screwed up. If I manually thumb the hammer back, it clicks at the half-cock position. If I pull the trigger there, it drops the hammer straight down. Huh. If I keep pulling past that, it clicks at another position (not quite full-cock), and if I pull the trigger there it cocks the hammer back the rest of the way, then drops it. Fully cocking the hammer works as it should. I've made sure the over and pre-travel screws are backed off fully, but otherwise out of ideas.

Any help would be appreciated!

I took some pictures of my trigger/bar assembly, as well as some with it in the pistol. I apologize for the quality - if there is any details I should focus on, I will take better ones as needed.

Click for large:

RSAxXl.jpg

qLrQal.jpg

gZpX6l.jpg

h05Tgl.jpg

This is mostly copied from the CZ forums, but I figured I'd pick another set of brains as well. :)

I installed a CGW Shadow Hammer kit in my 75B Compact. Everything went smoothly, and it functions perfectly with the factory trigger in. I received my CZ-Custom SAO trigger a few days ago though, and after installing I discovered that the pistol was totally screwed up. If I manually thumb the hammer back, it clicks at the half-cock position. If I pull the trigger there, it drops the hammer straight down. Huh. If I keep pulling past that, it clicks at another position (not quite full-cock), and if I pull the trigger there it cocks the hammer back the rest of the way, then drops it. Fully cocking the hammer works as it should. I've made sure the over and pre-travel screws are backed off fully, but otherwise out of ideas.

just my guess.

half cock..normal. hammer will fall if you pull the trigger.

your second click position sounds like the trigger bar resetting the disconnector. from there it would push the hammer back until the disconnector slide off the trigger bar. take out your disconnector and try it again.

full cock is working fine.

A little additional explanation...

Mine works fine with the two-screw trigger but I adjusted the reset limit to prevent enough travel to allow resetting the disconnector. I was able to leave the disconnector installed with the two-screw trigger, which is important to me since I switch back and forth between SAO and DA/SA. Without the reset limit screw, you will have to remove the disconnector is what the gunsmiths and experienced people above are saying. (If I am wrong, please correct me.)

Joe

Exactly. because the pretravel screw is out, the trigger is moving forward enough to engage the disconnector.

Interesting. I will try and get the pretravel screw set to the point where the FPB can reset but the disconnector doesn't engage. Failing that, I may try removing the disconnector for S&Gs.

Exactly. because the pretravel screw is out, the trigger is moving forward enough to engage the disconnector.

Interesting. I will try and get the pretravel screw set to the point where the FPB can reset but the disconnector doesn't engage. Failing that, I may try removing the disconnector for S&Gs.

Double post for results: Couldn't adjust the pre-travel screw enough to avoid disengaging the disconnector, so I just removed it. Works great now!

Just want to confirm on two function differences:

1.) The hammer is supposed to drop from half-cock with the SAO trigger, correct?

2.) With the CGW hammer/sear, the safety should be able to engage even at decocked/half-cock?

Double post for results: Couldn't adjust the pre-travel screw enough to avoid disengaging the disconnector, so I just removed it. Works great now!

Just want to confirm on two function differences:

1.) The hammer is supposed to drop from half-cock with the SAO trigger, correct?

2.) With the CGW hammer/sear, the safety should be able to engage even at decocked/half-cock?

A little more clarification. From half cock, even with the reset screw correctly adjusted, if the disconnector is in place, the hammer WILL travel as if it were in a double action mode. I never noticed this before, but it happens on mine as well. I think I have the same CGW parts in my gun as you, although I checked mine with the Kadet slide in place. In practice, this is never a problem, since one would not half-cock the SAO gun anyway. However, my safety works in half cock mode and the hammer won't travel from half cock if the safety is on.

My safety will engage and prevent the sear from releasing the hammer in lowest notch and will keep the hammer from moving from half cock, but will not engage when the hammer is down all the way.

I see now why you have the questions you have posted. Most of the time the disconnector is removed so no one notices the half cock mode action if the disconnector is not removed when the SAO trigger is installed. At least I didn't.

Joe