Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What matches allow Trooper Class

Im trying to find out which matches allow trooper class and what the rules are exactly for gun setups and gear. If anyone has the low down please let me know. I am putting my dreams of being competitive on hold so that I can do some shooting in the name of research.

The Central Florida Defensive Carbine Club has a Trooper Class at all their matches. Basically, anything as far as gear goes, but you have to carry it all on your person the entire match. No range bags, nothing put down. You can't accept replenishment from anyone else, either (except water). You have to wear it all in and out, including all ammo and weapons. Rifles are left on a safe table until you are up to shoot, but that's the only thing you get to put down.

Ironman is the last major 3 gun match that has trooper; it's also been the one where it's the most popular.

We ran trooper at the last independence day action rifle match here in AZ. We simplified it so that rather than having a ruck that you can drop, all ammo, accessories, cleaning supplies had to be carried on the shooter on every stage with no resupply.. This is the only way to make it a challenge for lower round count local matches.

• 5 months later...

The Central Florida Defensive Carbine Club has a Trooper Class at all their matches. Basically, anything as far as gear goes, but you have to carry it all on your person the entire match. No range bags, nothing put down. You can't accept replenishment from anyone else, either (except water). You have to wear it all in and out, including all ammo and weapons. Rifles are left on a safe table until you are up to shoot, but that's the only thing you get to put down.

Are you allowed to carry extra ammo in your ruck?

I notice you in VA the two matches that I know of that have Trooper Style rules is Tidewater 3 Gun in Moyock NC last year had a Recon Class where you could do whatever you wanted to your rifle, and then shotgun, and pistol were basic Tac/Limited rules. All ammo, cleaning gear, etc etc had to be on your person the whole match, and you had to walk from stage to stage. Now Tigerswan, and Tarheel 3 Gun will be hosting a match in NC thats a two gun match (pistol, and rifle), and they have a Tactical Shooter Division which will require using duty gear set ups. Here is the link for the announcement:

http://tarheel3gun.com/tarheel-3-gun-and-tiger-swan-are-teaming-up-to-present-a-tactical-two-gun-matches/

Hope some of that helps!