Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Caracal F......who's using one?

I ordered a Caracal F, and will be picking it up on Monday. Just curious who has tried it out in idpa or uspsa? I know that JJ Racaza is, but just wanting some others opinions.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

It's not on the uspsa production gun list, I guess it's limited legal, and I don't know about idpa. Your a pioneer.

Haha......I guess I am a pioneer. I hope to start a trend. I always like being different.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I have the Compact version and have shot it some. It does have a low bore axis and mine has a better trigger than a stock Glock. I think it has potential to be a good Production Division Pistol, but like Ronnie j stated it's not on the list. Time will tell. In the mean time there is a Caracal Forum.

http://caracalforum.com/

Edited by Gary1911A1

• 4 weeks later...

I just got my hands on one yesterday. Looks to be a pretty good gun, at least from a design perspective. It has a great feel and trigger. I'm going to be doing some reviews of it and adding some pictures if you're interested. Here's the first:

http://www.recoilsports.com/2012/06/review-of-the-caracal-f-part-1-initial-thoughts/

I was shooting a steel match the other day here in NJ and JJ Racuzza (sp?)was shooting the match as well. I forgot that he is local to me here in NJ. He happened to be shooting one in the Open Division. He was shooting one squad ahead of me so I didn't get to take a good look at it or ask him a few questions.

Shooters Connection has them on sale for 350 right now. Might be worth a try.

I was shooting a steel match the other day here in NJ and JJ Racuzza (sp?)was shooting the match as well. I forgot that he is local to me here in NJ. He happened to be shooting one in the Open Division. He was shooting one squad ahead of me so I didn't get to take a good look at it or ask him a few questions.

Shooters Connection has them on sale for 350 right now. Might be worth a try.

I'll have to look again, but last week I looked at the pistols approved for the Production Division and noted the Caracals were not listed so I guess that would explain him shooting in the Open Division. I hope Caracal provides the paperwork needed to get their pistols approved soon.

I forget where I heard it, but I seem to recall the paperwork was in and should be on the list soon. I just checked IPSC and it is on the list. Makes sense to start there first.

http://www.ipsc.org/rules/proddiv.php

I'm glad to see IPSC has the Caracals on their approved list. Just check USPSA Production list and it's still not listed. Hopefully soon.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Shot mine today, 200 rounds of tula ammo. Trigger is damn nice. Thye say it is 4-5 pound range but it sure feels like a 3 pounder. Reset is sweet. I was initially shooting a little high 2-3 inches at 15 yards (nice little groups) but after getting used to the sights and trigger it was dead on. The perceived recoil, OMG it was really soft shooting. The sights were different, I just wished the notch was a little larger.

Edited by bulm540

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

The caracal is a great gun. I just bought a used one from a friend with the quick sights and i love it. the quick sights make for easy transition and quick sight picture on target. I am hoping to try this gun in a match soon but got other obligations currently