Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2012 Texas State Tactical 3 Gun Police Competition

02 June open to all Police and Military I have 20 civilian spots. Please call Daniel Earnest Email me 210-669-1162 for questions. There will be a prize table and 2 man team event. NRA Competition web site http://www.nrahq.org/law/competitions/tpc/index.asp

Texas State TPC Annoncement Registration Form 5-12-2012.pdf

Edited by Daniel Earnest

I just got a retention holster and some other that I have to start using during training. I would shoot 308 but it's not allowed. I even dug out the issue flash hider to change out my comp.

According to my reading of the rules, civilian shooters are only using the NRA rules for scoring and shooting procedures (ie cruiser ready needs to be on safe and you must start each stage on safe). USPSA tac options rules govern the equipment that I can use.

• 3 weeks later...

I had a great time at this match. The stages were very interesting especially for a civilian not used to getting in and out of police cars (well not since college!) and I liked that 5 out of 7 stages used all 3 guns. Plus I got a great trophy! My wife was very amused at the SAPD shot glass in the shooter bag!

Thanks for everyone's hard work putting on this match especially Daniel.

Ben

I had a great time at the match. Everything ran smoothly, and the Association's BBQ was delicious. Can't thank Daniel and the whole SAPD MU team for all their hard work... I'm looking forward to next year!