Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What's Taking So Long?

Ray S.

Hi. A couple of Glock-owning shooting buddies and I need some advice on enhancing a Glock, please. I hope it’s ok if I ask in more than one forum title. The first of December ‘03, I shipped my Glock 34 to Custom Glock Racing to have the following work done for shooting in IDPA (copied from the CGR site):

Bo-Mar precision Adjustable Sights Buried in Slide

CGR F-1 Trigger

Fitted Bar-Sto Barrel

Barrel Kote

ISMI Recoil Spring

THE Extended Tungsten Guiderod (Production Only)

Par-Kote Finish (Choice of Colors)

Beveled and Blended Magwell

Mirror Polished Feedramp

All Parts Precision Fit for Optimal Performance

The guys want to have some of this work done by someone, but they don’t want to wait this long to get their guns back (and I’m thinking about going ahead and buying another one while I wait for CGR to finish with mine).

It’s already been 31 weeks since I sent off my G34, and not wanting this long of a wait, the questions involve finding out which of the above “enhancements” take the longest to perform and which ones we might do without and still get improved performance from the gun without this long of a wait.

In other words, they want to know which, and how many, of these items can be done on Glocks and still have them back in three or four months at the most. Or, which ones would be necessary to leave off in the interest of saving time.

Any other suggestions you might have would be greatly appreciated, though I’m rapidly getting out of the mood myself.

Thanks very much for any help you can give us.

Ray S. et al

Most custom gun shops only have 1 or 2 gunsmiths doing the work. It's not any one of the modifications that add to the wait, it is the culmination of all of them. Most, if not all, reputable shops will give you an estimate of how long the wait will be. Did CGR give you a time estimate? If you've been waiting 7 months, I'd give them a call and see when it is going to be done. If CGR says that it's going to be awhile, find another shop. There are plenty of shops that work on Glocks.

Hi. A couple of Glock-owning shooting buddies and I need some advice on enhancing a Glock, please. I hope it’s ok if I ask in more than one forum title. The first of December ‘03, I shipped my Glock 34 to Custom Glock Racing to have the following work done for shooting in IDPA (copied from the CGR site):

Bo-Mar precision Adjustable Sights Buried in Slide

CGR F-1 Trigger

Fitted Bar-Sto Barrel

Barrel Kote

ISMI Recoil Spring

THE Extended Tungsten Guiderod (Production Only)

Par-Kote Finish (Choice of Colors)

Beveled and Blended Magwell

Mirror Polished Feedramp

All Parts Precision Fit for Optimal Performance

The guys want to have some of this work done by someone, but they don’t want to wait this long to get their guns back (and I’m thinking about going ahead and buying another one while I wait for CGR to finish with mine).

It’s already been 31 weeks since I sent off my G34, and not wanting this long of a wait, the questions involve finding out which of the above “enhancements” take the longest to perform and which ones we might do without and still get improved performance from the gun without this long of a wait.

In other words, they want to know which, and how many, of these items can be done on Glocks and still have them back in three or four months at the most. Or, which ones would be necessary to leave off in the interest of saving time.

Any other suggestions you might have would be greatly appreciated, though I’m rapidly getting out of the mood myself.

Thanks very much for any help you can give us.

Ray S. et al

CGR has had your gun for 31 weeks? I think you need to communicate with Matt, and find out what happened to your gun. I hope it's only that you fell through a crack.

Well excuse us for offering an opinion and trying to help someone out. 7 months is a heck of a long time to be installing a barrel, bo-mar and a trigger job. The waiting list at most shops for full-house from-the-ground-up guns is no more than 6 months. How long do you quote people when they sent you their gun for this type of work?