Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Slide ride a slide ride

bikerburgess

• 2 weeks later...

If memory serves, it was designed originally to ride a Glock.

I believe that is right. There was a mounting plate that was mounted in two holes drilled and tapped in the slide of the Glock, and then the Cmore mounted to it I believe.

Edited by drysideshooter

I built a 38 super major open top end with a CMore mounted to the slide for my son's STI 40 Limited pistol. He wanted to shoot some open and didn't like the mini dot style sights I would normally mount to slide, so I decided to see if I could make it work so he could shoot both divisions and I wouldn't have to build another complete pistol.

I machined a thin plate to interface between the Cmore and slide so I could position the Cmore where I wanted it. It is a lot of stuff moving with the slide, much more distracting than a slide mounted mini dot style sight. Had to do a lot of lightening on the slide to compensate for the weight of the sight. The Cmore housing cracked within 5-10k rounds but they crack sometimes when mounted on the frame too. For USPSA shooting I think that big sight moving would be too distracting for most people and it's not much lower.