Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What MOA for Rib Mount Jpoint on 1100 Open SG

CocoBolo

Finally got my 1100 Open Shot Gun a runnin. The TX Multigun convinced me that no matter how much faster the bead is up close the long slugs shots will kill your standing.

So I'm out to get a JPoint, Tasco Optima, Burris Fast Fire, or Doctor.

The gun has a melted in JPoint Mount on the Barrel, so what size dot do I need for all round 3-Gunning 3.5, 4, 7 or 8?

Can I mount a Burris FastFire II on the JP mount? Walmart has the fastfire and it is on sale everywhere for $189.00 a $100 cheaper than the Jpoint so it just might be an option.

Thanks,

Yes, I searched but didn't find it, I'm sure it is out there somewhere.

Ron

I know that the joint and the tasco are the same sights and so the same dimensions. The Docter and the FastFire are the same size other than where the on/off switch is. I believe they have the same hole spacing, however the Docter and the FastFire are longer. If you have the JP mount on your gun, if there is space length wise, it should fit, but the sight will hang over a little. Does your mount have locator bumps on it? I use an Arredondo rib mount on my 1187, and I had to file the bumps off mine when I switched from a Docter to a C-more STS.

I know that the joint and the tasco are the same sights and so the same dimensions. The Docter and the FastFire are the same size other than where the on/off switch is. I believe they have the same hole spacing, however the Docter and the FastFire are longer. If you have the JP mount on your gun, if there is space length wise, it should fit, but the sight will hang over a little. Does your mount have locator bumps on it? I use an Arredondo rib mount on my 1187, and I had to file the bumps off mine when I switched from a Docter to a C-more STS.

Thanks for the info, I just missed a Jpoint on Ebay, got blasted out at the last second. I looked at the rib mount and no there isn't any extra space fore or aft of the JPoint mount.

Now I just need to figure the Dot size out and romp on the next deal for a Jpoint or Optima.

I've always run a 7 MOA JPoint but would like to try a 3 - 4 MOA sometime. The only time I really pay a lot of attention is for slugs and a smaller dot would be handy but I've never felt like the 7 was a problem.

I like my Burris Speedbead. I run the dot when I gotta shoot slugs otherwise I turn it off and just use the bead. KurtM told me that trick. U could even remove the bead when u didnt need it and replace it when you wanted it.

Jesse I think you are on to something here. My jp mount is a long ways from my eye so probably coldn't see a 3 or 4 moa well at that distance but the speed bead is up close so a 4 would work well even for those long shots.

My other thought is to put a rail on top of the gun and put a C-more on it, I have an extra as well as an EO Tech, just sitting in the box.

I have a JP, 1100, open gun, and it has the JP sight melted in to the rib. I have a magnetic, fiber optic, front sight too. For slugs, I use the dot and it will easily make head shots at 50 yards. If I don't want to look at the dot, a little piece of black, electrical tape makes the dot think the cover is on, and the dot shuts off. :cheers:

I don't remember what size the dot is. I'm going to disassemble it next week, and give it a good cleaning/lube job to make sure it's ready for the CMMG match. When I take it out, after cleaning to verify function, if I remember, I'll look at a target to see what size dot it has.