Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Recommendations for STI 6" 2011

imhntn

I have a 6" 2011 coming in the mail and wanted some recommendations on holsters for it. Does anyone make a doh kydex or is the gun too long to come out of one well? What are you guys using. This will be my first limited gun.

I have a 6" 2011 coming in the mail and wanted some recommendations on holsters for it. Does anyone make a doh kydex or is the gun too long to come out of one well? What are you guys using. This will be my first limited gun.

I use a Blade Tech, it is for a 6" gun. Is it a classic slide (Eagle) or heavy (Edge)? Those options are on Blade Tech's web site. Shooters Connection may have them too.

I have both the Blade Tech DOH and a Racemaster. The DOH is a great holster, except for the extra inch you have to clear on the draw. The racemaster is faster.

Hello: I have both a Blade Tech and a DAA for my 6" 2011. If you get the Blade Tech get the one for a full profile slide and frame. That way you can use it for that and also a standard frame and slide setup. It is also faster for a standard frame. The DAA is faster but does not protect the pistol if you shoot 3-gun and have to lay on the ground. If you get the Blade Tech I would also get the adjusting screws from Chris at 3-gun gear. Thanks, Eric

Brings up a good point. The DOH works especially well with an adjustment knob for the top screw. Lock it down tight between stages and loose for fast draws. I know it saved my pea shooter from hitting the ground more than a few times...