Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Any chance of bringing back +2 or +3 STI pads?

MoNsTeR

See this thread for details http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=133439

I have 5 +3's and 2 +2's which mostly meet my needs right now, but they are starting to wear out. All that spring tension causes the tube's bottom lips to deform the engagement rails in the pads. I'm guessing they've got a few more seasons of life left but they will definitely not last forever.

If the +3's went back on sale, I'd buy 2 immediately, and probably another 7 to keep as spares!

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, STI/SV. To clarify further, I use these on my Open mags. The 140(-ish) tubes that I have with these old +3 pads give me 24 rounds reloadable, vs. 22 rounds with an SNL pad. It's also easier to re-assemble Bolen springs into the nice deep recess of the +3's.

Yes, STI/SV. To clarify further, I use these on my Open mags. The 140(-ish) tubes that I have with these old +3 pads give me 24 rounds reloadable, vs. 22 rounds with an SNL pad. It's also easier to re-assemble Bolen springs into the nice deep recess of the +3's.

If you are refering to what Dave used to call the "Just right" basepad assembly, It was a Para Ord basepad, An Arredondo basepad insert ( PN:501007) and a 170mm mag spring. With a Preban tube 24 round work all day long, a current 140mm tube may get 25.

I'll give a big ole +1 to this. I have about 7ish of the +2's as Noah describes them, and get about 23 without too much cramming on 13 coil springs, very reloadable. I'd love to get a few more, as the 3 I use most of the time are really showing their age.

I recently had a chance to try one of those Para pads. They do fit, and give the same or more capacity. But as I pointed out in the linked thread, they are not the same, and as you noted they should be used with 170mm springs.

I might get a pair of them for my short mags but they aren't what I want for my 140s.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...