Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2012 Fort Benning 3 Gun

Somebody down south needs to fill the void it left in the December match schedule.

There is hope arising out of the new range in SW Ga but they just opened and started shooting matches. But with a 1000 yard range and a 2000 yard range, it would be an ideal venue. The only down side is there is no close airport.

Somebody down south needs to fill the void it left in the December match schedule.

There is hope arising out of the new range in SW Ga but they just opened and started shooting matches. But with a 1000 yard range and a 2000 yard range, it would be an ideal venue. The only down side is there is no close airport.

Air Port ?!? WE Don'T Need No Stinking ..Airrporto!

Three gunners air drop , sneak up, or swim up the river. <_< Or they arrive golf cart with cooler in tow.

You know, at first read I thought it said 'no close air support.'

Now that would be an interesting match!

It looks like the fall is already full of matches. Maybe they'll have it there in late July/early August as a WARM up for the ProAm.

There isnt really anything after BRM3G in mid-Oct this year now when the FNH match moved and the first match of the year is SMM3G, so Nov-Feb are all open for a new match :)

It looks like the fall is already full of matches. Maybe they'll have it there in late July/early August as a WARM up for the ProAm.

There isnt really anything after BRM3G in mid-Oct this year now when the FNH match moved and the first match of the year is SMM3G, so Nov-Feb are all open for a new match :)

Why doesn't Aruba shoot 3 gun instead of IPSC?

Three gunners air drop , sneak up, or swim up the river. <_< Or they arrive golf cart with cooler in tow.

I have seen more of the latter.

I have seen more of the latter.

This needs to addressed by the rules. If the PGA is going to require golfers to walk we need to toss out those who are ridding carts as it gives them an unfair advantage. Besides, we can provide job opportunities to those who are hired as caddies. Of course entry fees will be a grand a match but we need to do our part to stimulate the economy...........

The closest airport is Dothan, Alabama. It's not a major one but only a 45min drive. Atlanta is around 3.5 hours. The place is well worth the inconvenience of being slightly out of the way. I've been shooting there a lot recently and it is amazing.

Ryan

The closest airport is Dothan, Alabama. It's not a major one but only a 45min drive. Atlanta is around 3.5 hours. The place is well worth the inconvenience of being slightly out of the way. I've been shooting there a lot recently and it is amazing.

Ryan

Yes I handle speeding tickets.

• 2 months later...

Does anyone know if there is a 2012 Fort Benning 3 Gun Challenge scheduled yet or are there are any plans to schedule one?

i also heard rumor of this.... to get back on track... anybody heard any truth the rumor that there's another Ft. Benning 3-Gun match in the works?..... one at Ft. Benning?....

Does anyone know if there is a 2012 Fort Benning 3 Gun Challenge scheduled yet or are there are any plans to schedule one?

i also heard rumor of this.... to get back on track... anybody heard any truth the rumor that there's another Ft. Benning 3-Gun match in the works?..... one at Ft. Benning?....

It would be nice, but I haven't heard of such. It is usually hard to get the Army to change its mind/policy on something. When they decided it was a liability to have civilians running about with weapons on base, I think that pretty much sealed the fate of any future matches there. I hope I'm wrong.

It would be nice, but I haven't heard of such. It is usually hard to get the Army to change its mind/policy on something. When they decided it was a liability to have civilians running about with weapons on base, I think that pretty much sealed the fate of any future matches there. I hope I'm wrong.

I do not think that was the issue so much as what they felt was the return on the investment of a lot of time and money. I think they just hosted the largest collegiate match ever and really did it up BIG. Of course, that is the target audience rather than a bunch of is who have either already done our time (or are beyond that point :). New command, changes in goals and who knows someday?

I do not think that was the issue so much as what they felt was the return on the investment of a lot of time and money. I think they just hosted the largest collegiate match ever and really did it up BIG. Of course, that is the target audience rather than a bunch of is who have either already done our time (or are beyond that point :). New command, changes in goals and who knows someday?

The Army just decided to stop sponsoring NASCAR too ($20 million a year is what I read) because there was essentially no recruiting coming from it. The Fort Benning 3 Gun was a lot of fun and it was cool shooting on a military base, but it makes sense that they don't want to do it if there isn't a pay off of some kind.

I went to FB3G twice.... I remember during the welcome speach(es) those in charge mentioned about recruitment and opportunities in the forces... I also recall looking around at the crowd and thinking.. Very few of us are suitable or even eligible prospects for recruitment into the armed service...

Great matches, but whoever does the army's marketing research was way off target...

Yep, here is a bit about it http://www.army.mil/article/75623/Benning_hosts_first_Collegiate_Shooting_Championships/

While it may not benefit us personally in 3 gun, it is good to see that the Army has not taken a hands off approach to civilian shooting as some may have thought. Like everything else, the pending cuts will mean that the Army has to target the right groups for recruitment. Looks to me like they are on the right track and have plans to really make it THE competition for juniors and college shooters. Glad to see it.