Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Veltor MUR Waste of Money, or Good Thing?

Sleepswithdogs

I don't think you will be disappointed. Vltor makes some very nice stuff and the fit and finish is what you would expect for the price you pay.

Thanks for the input. It really wasn't THAT much money, and she'll let me back in the house one day... Probably. :cheers:

Edited by Sleepswithdogs

I've been eyeing the rifle length MUR for my next build. Was wondering the same thing about the cost. I'm not a 3gunner so can't comment on the usefulness of it. All I've read says that fit and finish were excellent.

I've been eyeing the rifle length MUR for my next build. Was wondering the same thing about the cost. I'm not a 3gunner so can't comment on the usefulness of it. All I've read says that fit and finish were excellent.

Thing looks like a piece of art. Read some reviews, people said it was the best looking, best fitting upper they had ever seen. HAS to raise my scores!! :rolleyes:

Haha! I wish it was that easy!

It's not?? :surprise: Oh, oh...
Post up a pic of the finished rifle. There's few things as good as a fresh built AR! :cheers:

Will do. Next big hurdle is a barrel, love to save some weight here, but unfortunately, saving weight means spending money!!!!! :ph34r:

I am pretty happy with my MUR, I have built 2 guns with them now and I am very happy with the fit and finish. But I am sure there are cheaper one's out there. If you are looking for a very good barrel with a custom profile, give white oak a call, they will do a custom profile for only 30 bucks or so more, and they are accurate.

I am pretty happy with my MUR, I have built 2 guns with them now and I am very happy with the fit and finish. But I am sure there are cheaper one's out there. If you are looking for a very good barrel with a custom profile, give white oak a call, they will do a custom profile for only 30 bucks or so more, and they are accurate.

Thanks for the tip, looks like an interesting bunch of guys. I've been wondering about where to get a good barrel at a great price, I'll give them a call in the morning.