Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

about SA trigger weight

Rosshooting

Please, give me an orientation about how soft to make my SA trigger for production division. I have sig 226R and I just have replaced his trigger mechanism with 226 Sport one. Now it is at about 1,7kg so my question is it is wise to polish some parts to reduce it a little bit more? Thanks!

Powerman,

1. I cannot find any reference to a "Sig P226R" on the Sig-Sauer German website. Do you mean the SIGARMS P226 Rail or perhaps the SIGARMS P226R DAK from the American website? In any case, no "R" designation model appears on the IPSC Approved Gun List and, unless they do, you cannot use them in IPSC Production Division.

If you can clarify exactly which model you mean, and exactly who is the manufacturer (preferably with a link which displays your gun), I can refer it to the IPSC Production Division Committee for consideration.

2. Under IPSC Production Division rules, you cannot use the trigger (or trigger assembly) from "Model A" and put it into a "Model B", even if both guns come from the same manufacturer, unless the gun manufacturer officially offers the "Model A" trigger as an option on their "Model B" gun. The fact that it might fit is irrelevant. It must be a factory approved option.

3. Under IPSC Production Division rules, the first shot must be double-action, and the minimum double-action trigger pull weight must not be less than 2.27kg (5lbs).

4. SAO (single-action-only) guns are totally prohibited from IPSC Production Division, but SA/DA guns are allowed, however we only measure the DA trigger pull weight.

5. You cannot "polish your trigger" if that means reducing the trigger's width, thickness etc. The rules only allow "minor detailing", which means removing burrs which should not be there in the first place.

6. I also note from this thread that you're asking about "Jet Funnels". If that is for the same gun, please note such items are not permitted in IPSC Production Division.

7. I suggest you download a copy of the IPSC Rules and study Appendix D4.

Hope this helps.

Vince,

I think that by Polish the Trigger, he means stoning the sear engagement faces so that it breaks clean and light. (And since I am not fully up on Sig, if not a sear, then whatever little parts you clean up to produce a better trigger pull)

Jim Norman

The rules previously allowed "polishing", but we were reliably informed by one of our metal-working gurus that "polishing" (in the trade) actually means "grinding down and buffing", as opposed to what we intended to allow (e.g. merely the removal of excess metal or "burrs").

This is why we changed the terminology to "minor detailing".

Powerman,

1. I cannot find any reference to a "Sig P226R" on the Sig-Sauer German website. Do you mean the SIGARMS P226 Rail or perhaps the SIGARMS P226R DAK from the American website? In any case, no "R" designation model appears on the IPSC Approved Gun List and, unless they do, you cannot use them in IPSC Production Division.

If you can clarify exactly which model you mean, and exactly who is the manufacturer (preferably with a link which displays your gun), I can refer it to the IPSC Production Division Committee for consideration.

2. Under IPSC Production Division rules, you cannot use the trigger (or trigger assembly) from "Model A" and put it into a "Model B", even if both guns come from the same manufacturer, unless the gun manufacturer officially offers the "Model A" trigger as an option on their "Model B" gun. The fact that it might fit is irrelevant. It must be a factory approved option.

3. Under IPSC Production Division rules, the first shot must be double-action, and the minimum double-action trigger pull weight must not be less than 2.27kg (5lbs).

4. SAO (single-action-only) guns are totally prohibited from IPSC Production Division, but SA/DA guns are allowed, however we only measure the DA trigger pull weight.

5. You cannot "polish your trigger" if that means reducing the trigger's width, thickness etc. The rules only allow "minor detailing", which means removing burrs which should not be there in the first place.

6. I also note from this thread that you're asking about "Jet Funnels". If that is for the same gun, please note such items are not permitted in IPSC Production Division.

7. I suggest you download a copy of the IPSC Rules and study Appendix D4.

Hope this helps.

Sorry but I didn't format this question right! I know about the first shot but I just want to have some orientation about the weight of SA trigger that the most of the competitors use on their SA/DA guns (there is no rule about the second and next shots). About polishing the parts of the trigger system I mean to hurry the process that they fit each other in the time of firing (just to make their surface smoother). About Sig 226R that is the new model but it's the same as classic 226 except that that it have a piccatini rails for tactical light and it's slide is stainless.