Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

XL650 hard to pull the handle.

I've got my 650 running pretty smoothly, but the one thing that's still causing a lot of friction is the slide assembly that pulls the case feed cam back to receive the case coming out of the feeder drop. If I hold the cam back with my hand, the ram itself runs very smoothly in the body of the press, so I know that all of the friction on the lever downstroke is in the cam/slide assembly. The nylon slide that pushes against the casefeed tube to run the cam back is starting to get a groove in it from the friction. Is it time to replace it, or am I missing something else?

Something sounds like it's out of line or to tight.. I have had my nylon slide go out of alignment that caused the press to become hard. Also I know this is not your issue but the center bolt on the carrier plate, if it is put to tight it will make the press hard to function.

Put a touch of grease on it and it will slide easier (where the post hits the slider).

Brian

Bingo. It comes from the factory greased for a reason. When mine starts to bog down I grease that and the indexing wedge gizmo and it loosens right back up.

Put a touch of grease on it and it will slide easier (where the post hits the slider).

Brian

Bingo. It comes from the factory greased for a reason. When mine starts to bog down I grease that and the indexing wedge gizmo and it loosens right back up.

What are you using to grease it?