Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New primerslide for the1050

When I got my 1050 about 6 months ago it would keep droping the primer out the back of the press at the rate of about 8 out of 100. could not figure it out.

Called Dillon and they said there is a new primer side, they sent me the new one and I have not had any primer troubles since, about 4,000 rounds already.

How much are they asking for it and what is different?

Well the one things I can testify too is the cost after getting off the phone with Dillon. 79.95 plus shipping

The differences are are around the bevaling and the area around the dreaded hose Roll pin.

I did not order one tonight and opted for new springs on my primer ram.

Cheers

Well the one things I can testify too is the cost after getting off the phone with Dillon. 79.95 plus shipping

$79.95 :surprise: glad mine is working fine. Think I'd be pissed if I had to buy one to cure problems with the one that came with the press :angry2:

I am not angered by the price as my press is older than most of my kids. Dillon makes a high quality product and makes a profit doing it. No worries about the pricing.

All that being said I passed on this particular upgrade and ordered the springs I hope help me with the current primer problems.

I did ask why this part was so expensive and was told that they are a small run machined part that is outsourced to another firm.

Again no worries on their pricing.

This is not, I would assume the cause of your problem, but the only time my 1050s (RL and Super) have spit out primers was when the stupid plastic thingy on the primer tube got damaged or if the primer tube was not fully seated.

One would "assume" that on a new machine, Dillon will cover any part problems.

They have always covered bad parts, even on my very old RL1050s.