Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Joined the Open glock club

tt350z

Is that the carver 3 port comp? If so are you running a gen 3 guide rod?

I want that comp but haven't heard back from them on if it will fit with a gen 3 uncaptured guide rod. It seems like the best comp for what I would like to obtain.

Yes, it will. I'm running one now in a G17 and a G22 upper both Gen 3, and neither of mine are captured.

Yep, it's a 3 port carver comp with gen 3 guide rod, but there's more to it.

If your FDE Gen 4 is what you're gonna be using, than here's my advice.

I have 2 different SS guide rods + adapter.

The LWD guide rod +adapter is a different size than the one I purchased from Brownells.

The LWD guide rod is a slightly smaller diameter and will allow the slide to cycle with the the screw removed.

The guide rod setup from Brownell's has a larger diameter that did not allow the slide to cycle with the carver comp, even with the captured screw removed. It would make contact with the comp.

So yes, I am using a Gen 3 guide rod uncaptured, but not all guide rods are created equal.

Edited by tt350z

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good point, Fly boy. Guess I should've asked about which rod he was using. Better answer than my 1st- of you're using a LWD guide rod with Bobbys comp out of a Gen 3 G17/22 frame...you should be good to go!

TT, I was going to ask you what kind of plane you drive. Not trying for a thread drift, just curious....

It was a blast pulling some G's. It was a real workout for my thighs and I'd like to say I'm in pretty decent shape.

As cool as that was. I really enjoy running the B-52's. You always have someone to shoot the shit with and these engines stall a lot. So loud bangs + fire balls out the tail pipe = Fun times.

If that was an F-15, that's looking like an engine change.

Only got 2 engines up but you get the idea when all 8 is up and running.

cNC3a.jpg

Edited by tt350z

The open gun was an afterthought and I already had the SS guide rods on hand.

FYI:

The guide rod only makes contact at the very bottom of the comp.

Edited by tt350z

Or ask Bobby to mill it out for you. There's always the option of getting a guiderod from Bobby or LWD direct. Keep us posted.

I just ordered it. I think i will call tomorrow to see what they say.

The open gun was an afterthought and I already had the SS guide rods on hand.

Makes sense...

hmmm that might work. Now i see you have the SS ones...why not the tungsten?

Open guns tend to be fairly violent with major of rounds. Tungsten Ross have been known to be brittle and break, or chip. I ran one in my G34 production gun, and mine cracked after 5k. The SS rods are much more reliable.

Open guns tend to be fairly violent with major of rounds. Tungsten Ross have been known to be brittle and break, or chip. I ran one in my G34 production gun, and mine cracked after 5k. The SS rods are much more reliable.

I think i might just order the SS one from LWD because i can always use my tungsten back in my 34. Also knowing that it works without modification thats a plus. I figured i'd screw something up...should have just asked a simple question haha.

Another reason why I didn't opt for tungsten as well.

The LWD just barely scapes the cerakote off the comp as is, who knows, it might be enough deflection to crack a tungsten rod.

I might as well as post updated pics and complete build with parts.

A lot of people have asked about the slide racker Slide Racker

Specs:

Leupold Deltapoint 3.5 MOA

Bobby Carver 3 port comp

KKM drop in barrel

LWD SS guide rod with 11 lb ISMI spring

LWD lightweight striker

Zev Magwell

Edge Trigger

Tactical Supply Depot slide racker cover plate

Extended mag catch and slide release

DAA Racer holster and mag holster

Taylor freelance extention

Slide milling and blending was done by Mark Housel @ L&M Precision

Slide cuts Top opening , left and right side not fully thorough, 45 bevel on compensator and front of slide

Round bottom cut serrations

TIG weld front sight hole and slide radius, reshape for flat front profile

Set back or other wise re-time compensator to slide leaving minimal gap

H-Series Cerakote

apSan.jpg

EzlRr.jpg

okJo1.jpg

JOPS9.jpg

ZmXoa.jpg

Fine looking gun! Welcome to the club. That gets me thinking.....we should get t-shirts....

I second that idea along with a website! Openglocksrock.com

Seriously any one down to start an o line open glock club? I wouldn't mind running the website... Creating a cool logo.. Openglocksrock.com is available

Ryan

www.customglockshooters.com

Fine looking gun! Welcome to the club. That gets me thinking.....we should get t-shirts....

I second that idea along with a website! Openglocksrock.com

Seriously any one down to start an o line open glock club? I wouldn't mind running the website... Creating a cool logo.. Openglocksrock.com is available

Ryan

www.customglockshooters.com

That does sound cool,count me in.