Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Red Dot for Mover

richwyo

Looking for info as to the Red Dot sights on my revolver. Years ago someone had put additional dots in some dot optics to use on the mover as a lead compensator. Not sure if this is still done or what is being used now but need any info if you can on this subject. Thank you Rich

The most used mover setup now is called a Stick Shift, made & sold by Warren Moore (toolguy on this forum. Also Protocall Design in the vendors area here). It tips the scope to either side with the correct amount of lead for your ammo velocity once it's set up. Most red dots will work, but stay away from anything that has much parallax in it! You'll do best with something in the 3-5 MOA area for dot size. and a fairly large tube. Most are using scopes in the 30-35mm range, so let your pocketbook set the price. They can be had from $39.95 to around $500.00-600.00 depending upon your preference in design, size and mfg. Most of the cheaper ones have a lot of parallax and that is a problem, especially on the Mover.

Alan~^~

P.S. WELCOME to the forums!!:cheers:

Edited by Alan550

Alan Thank you for your reply. I will look into that option but was hoping for less weight (bulk) as my S&W 686 is more than heavy enough with the slip on shroud and my Tasco 42mm w/4-8-12 viarable dot. Hoping to make the Cup next year and need to practice quite a bit. Later this month the Silver Bullet indoor match will be held and will be a good time to start practice as the rules state. Have e-mailed NRA Action rules and have been told no weak hand in the barricade events. Hope they understand what I asked them as to the rule. Rich

Rich,

You can use the dot scope you have now. Just mount the Stick Shift between the gun and the scope. It only adds about 6 oz. It will raise the scope a bit making it easier to get behind the optic in the prone position as well.

As for Barricade weak-hand, there is no requirement to use weak hand but it helps on Open guns if you switch, using the left hand to operate the trigger on the right side of the barricade, and vice versa if you have wings on the gun.

Alan~^~

I have just completed a spare pistol and the only way I will go is with the stock shift from here on. As my old mover bases die they will be replaced with that.

I suspect the OP asked the question of the NRA the wrong way. No grasping of barricade with weak hand for metallic or production classes. For open as long as your are correctly positioned (standing) in the barricade box you may grasp your firearm and / or the barricade.