Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Precision Rifle Match Range report

Alaskapopo

We had about 8 people show up with bolt guns from .308 to .338 Lapua. My friend won using my gun. A great time was had by all.

I had not had the opportunity to confirm my dope at 200 and 300 yards with this rifle as my local range does not go that far out. Luckily I have a chrono and a good ballistic calculator and the only correction I made in the match was .1 mil left that I noticed at 300 yards.

Ken.jpg

MOAmatch.jpg

Here is my rifle.

Remington700build.jpg

Nothing too fancy but it will hold just over .5 moa with the loads it likes and .75 is typical for it. I blew it in this match. I shot the guys target next to me at the 200 yard line costing me 4 points, I missed another one at 200 yards. I did get all my 300 and 100 yard targets. I took a chance on the challenge targets and hit them until the last dot which was .5 moa. I figured if I took the chance I could have got 1st place but I failed and lost those points and got 4th place. Still had a great time.

4-2-12

Remington700with175SMK.jpg

Edited by Alaskapopo

Pat...how the hell do you live in Alaska and only have a 100 yard range! I always have this mental image of everyone in Alaska having their own private 1000 yd range out their back door. :lol:

Erik

I know it sucks. I have to drive 90 miles to get to one of the only 600 yard ranges in the state avaiable to civilians. The Military has some longer ranges they open to high power shooters but that is 2 hours away as well.

Pat

• 2 weeks later...

Is it the range there at Potters Marsh? I put a lot of holes in paper at 100 yards there... Now that I have moved have access to a 600+ yard range 15 mins away, oh yea and the winters are a lot shorter and warmer :roflol:

How do you like that Vortex scope? I am looking really hard at getting the 6-24x ffp version of it.

Thanks

Kelly

Edited by kdhill

Is it the range there at Potters Marsh? I put a lot of holes in paper at 100 yards there... Now that I have moved have access to a 600+ yard range 15 mins away, oh yea and the winters are a lot shorter and warmer :roflol:

How do you like that Vortex scope? I am looking really hard at getting the 6-24x ffp version of it.

Thanks

Kelly

I like the Vortex quite a bit. I see it as a good value for the money. Its not a Nightforce or a Swarovski but its good for its price point. As for the range this was at Birchwood near Eagle Rifle. You are thinking of Rabbit Creak Rifle Range.

Pat